Kiss 2.

"You need to get laid."

I scoffed at the phone as I locked my car, heading towards the entrance of the country club. "Is that something you should be saying to your older brother, Karsyn?" I rolled my eyes as a feminine giggle rang in my ear.

"It's true though," She stated before her teasing tone fell. "You're always so worried about me and about taking care of us and making sure we're good. You never take time to enjoy yourself." She relented and I sighed, having heard this more than a million times from her and Tre. I understood why but as things were, there was no way I could get comfortable.

"I know, Kar, but you know how things are. I just can't let go of..." I trailed off, not liking how my mind ventured to the dark past. I hated everything about my past, hated that Karsyn had to be a part of that dark world, and I hated that it still haunted me.

"It's okay, Kieran, but you have to promise me that you'll try. I want to see you happy," Karsyn's sweet voice rang in my ear and I smiled, knowing that everything I did was for her. "I promise, little one," I teased and she groaned. "I'm 16, not 6."

I chuckled, the uneasy atmosphere fading into nothing as I entered the country club, the fancy aesthetic never failing to surprise me. "I'm at work now, so go on over to Ms. Turner when you get ready to leave for school," I said and Karsyn clicked her tongue in agreement. "She's gonna throw a fit if you don't call her Susanna."

I let out a laugh thinking of our next-door neighbor, and how she was going to rip me a new one for the nth time because I refused to call her by her first name. Even if she took care of Karsyn when I couldn't, it wasn't anything personal; it was just that a part of me couldn't allow myself to do that.

"I love you Kieran, have a good day! Ta ta for now!"

"I love you too, princess. Ta ta to you too."

I hung up the call, waving to people as I walked through the club. "Good morning, Kieran," One of the patrons there greeted me, and I waved to the whole group, recognizing them as people whose muscles I had a chance to practice on. "How's the knee, Grant?" I asked politely to one of the businessmen. "Hope it's doing better, yeah?" I went on further and he nodded. "Better than anything that I could have done. I have a few clients of my own who want to meet you, Kieran." He smiled and I nodded before taking my leave.

It was a nice Thursday morning at the Beverly Hills Union Country Club; one of the busiest times of the day. The sun was out, gracing the concrete and the translucent pool waters with its presence, the sky a cloudless and vivid blue despite the rain from last night, and the club was bustling with VIPs and family members of the upper class. Even those wealthy and famous from out of the country were here, ready to spend exuberant amounts on recreation: the spa and sauna, the nail salon, the golf course, the pools, the arts and crafts, the lounge, the restaurant, and the wine tasting.

Everything they wanted under one large ass roof. 

It was wild how people wanted to go swimming at this time of day.

It seemed interesting to be rich.

I made my way to the employee room, ready to get my day started. I had class in a few hours, so I wanted to get some morning money. Upon greeting, I was taken aback when my eyes landed on a beautifully arranged bouquet of yellow lilies sitting on one of the counters. They looked more expensive than any flower I could have ever hoped to have.

"Are those for you, lover boy?" I asked the tall and brown-skinned man who just happened to be Tre, who was inspecting the flowers. "No," He replied with a shit-eating smirk. "But judging by the card left in the flowers, I'd say they're for someone who has purple hair."