Kiss 3.

"Kieran, you have no game."

The gray and blue swirls of the sky merged together, looming over the palm trees, the smell of coconut and remnants of rain piercing the air. I scoffed as I stared at my best friend, wondering how many years of prison I would get if I killed him.

Accidentally.

"And why is that?" I drawled sarcastically. "You have not dated nor flirted nor fucked a single person in your entire life," Tre exclaimed, throwing his hands in the air as we walked along a brick path to one of the fanciest and most prestigious stores in Beverly Hills. "And that is a problem because?" I threw back, not understanding why society found that to be so big of an issue.

"When you're ready to find someone, you won't know how to woo them, you fucking brick," Tre lamented and I sighed. "Well, you won't have to worry about that because I don't plan on getting with anyone at all."

It was the truth. It wasn't too hard to make that sacrifice because I just knew that there was no one on Earth patient enough to like me. 

I also didn't know how.

How I became friends with Tre was a mystery in itself because I could count the number of people I trusted on one hand. 

"You're lying," Tre gasped, but I shook my head. "Someone needs to take one for the team and have kids," He grumbled, but I shook my head again. "I don't want kids either."

"But you love kids, Kieran," Tre pointed out and I nodded, feeling out of place in this rich people's area. "I do," I carefully said. "But I'm not the type of person to take care of kids," I shrugged and he looked at me as if he wanted to say more, to debate the topic, but it was no use.

I made my mind up a long time ago.

Nothing was going to change that.

"Boo, you suck," Tre stuck out his tongue at me and I cringed, sticking my tongue out at him. "Shut up," I grimaced when he laughed his ass off, knowing that he got me to react at his level of intelligence.

"And why don't YOU have a significant other by now? Hmm?" I raised a brow and he sighed dramatically. "Because if I get a lover and devote all my time to them, my poor best friend will be all by himself," He put a hand over his heart and I shook my head, knowing that was an excuse. "Don't play yourself. You know and god damn well that if you got a girlfriend, you'll be blowing up my phone 24/7, asking to hang out. Do you not remember the times you made me third wheel with you in high school?"

Our friendship was just as much fun as it was a pain in the ass.

"I don't recall." 

I kissed my teeth, fighting the very painful urge to throw him into the busy street. If my doctor told me I had high blood pressure, I would instantly know what caused it. 

"You say you would be fine without me by your side," I shrugged, watching as his eyes widened. "That's okay, Tre. I'll just have to find myself a new friend when you get a girlfriend, no worries," All of a sudden, I had my arms full of a hyperactive 24-year-old man. "Don't leave me!" Tre whined, snuggling his head in my chest and I chuckled fondly as I patted his back.

"Don't worry, loser, I was just messing with you," I smiled genuinely, knowing that the roles would definitely be reversed if Tre did get a girlfriend. 

He was my best friend, the only friend I could say that I trusted with every ounce of me and I felt very comfortable in his presence despite anything. It would be boring without him, and he kept me from going to those dark places in my head, primarily because he kept doing things that annoyed me.