Chapter 17 - Focus on the good

a/n: ooook,I think I've finally found a way to put together everything that I've already written and blow your minds away with the plot I have in mind (insert maniacal laugh) xD now,this chapter is a little short,but for the usual reason: together with the next one it would have been too long,so...be patient! Chapter 18 and its surprises are just behind the corner :D

let me know what you think ;)

CHAPTER 17 - FOCUS ON THE GOOD

NATALIE'S POV

I was right. Focusing on Kyle works. When yesterday I came back home, I'd been mulling over Eric's odd behavior since he left, but then I logged on Facebook and started chatting with Kyle and every thought about the bad boy was thrown out of the window. Although, it's also that I was busy chatting with him, Jamie and Aisha at the same time.

My best friend wanted to know every detail about my conversation with my crush, of course, so, as silly as it sounds, I kept writing to him then updating her. Aisha, instead, well, she was her normal crazy, making me laugh only.

So, it's safe to say that I spent a pretty quiet night. No dreams haunted me. No divergent thoughts. All normal, well, as normal as my life is now that I am finally in my crush's orbit. I even spent a couple of nice hours watching a movie with mom. All was well.

More than well, because when this morning I arrived at school, Kyle didn't just wave at me when he spotted me sprinting towards my locker, but he also reached me and found time to make some small talk. Practically Heaven.

We didn't have classes together, but at the end of each of mine, he was there waiting for me. Why, I have no idea, but I was glad about it. I mean, I got to talk to him and laugh at his jokes, some were pretty bad, but I laughed anyway, just because I got to spend time with him.

As for some other boy, I barely saw him. I mean, apart from this morning, when I spotted him at his usual place, underneath the stairs, nothing, which is perfect for me, because the thoughts of him were starting to crowd my mind too much already.

Yesterday it was odd. One moment he's almost gentle, genuinely concerned about me fearing him, then he looks like he's about to murder me. It wasn't me. He said. Well, I don't need a moody boy around, I've come to admit. Too bad I'll have to see him again anyway, because of that darn fairy tale. But if he doesn't say anything about it, certainly I won't take the first step.

I know, I know, I talk like somebody that's cross with her sweetheart, but in truth, I am just trying to get a hold of my life before I let in the wrong people who could only disrupt it. Besides, as mom reminded me yesterday, it's high time to enroll for colleges. I've gotta pick which ones.

I've always had New York in mind, but I know I can't afford too much. Even though I've been sparing money since I work for Fran and mom too says I don't need to worry, she can afford paying my fees. I don't want to be a burden for her, though. Well, more than I've been already. I mean, she's raised me on her own, giving up on her own sentimental life to take care of me, working her butt off to get the necessary money.

So, you see, this morning I woke up on a new side, determined to make the most of these last months, but more specifically to enjoy everything without worrying too much. Better said, without thinking of disruptive elements that change mood in the blink of an eye.