Chapter 64 - Harping on hope

a/n: hehe,finally I found the line to follow :D but...warning: the first POV is pretty emotional :P

let me know what you think :)

CHAPTER 64 - HARPING ON HOPE

NATALIE'S POV

"Did I interrupt something?" I asked as I neared Eric's bed, just as my cousin went out. He was sitting almost perfectly, after almost a week of convalescence, sure, he still had gauzes all over his chest, but he'd already abandoned the wheelchair in favor of crutches, well, not always, but he prefers them.

I can't deny this week has been great for me. And Noah. Because while he still doesn't know the truth about Eric, he's really glad to spend time with him. We're always here, every day, we barely leave him when he needs to be checked up, and even then, I'd escort him with the wheelchair.

I've been trying to forget the awareness that the sooner he heals, the sooner he'll leave me, I'm just focusing on these moments we have. I know it'll only hurt worse, and at this point, I also know that Noah will be hurt, because he's already very fond of Eric, but at least for a while we can pretend we're a real family.

You should see Noah every night, forcing himself to remain awake as much as possible because he doesn't want to leave Eric. We've practically built a new routine here in only a week, namely, we spend every night from four to ten pm, which is Noah's bedtime, in Eric's room, just chatting and laughing together, as a real family. In the morning Eric has his physiotherapy and I go with him while mom and Charles remain with Noah, taking him around the city, just not to let him stay all day in the hospital. He's a child after all. In the afternoon, my son doesn't want to hear reasons, he's keeping company to his new friend, as he likes to call Eric, when he's having lunch, then Noah has his nap and comes back by four. You see? A new routine. Oh, of course, he doesn't miss his calls with his Arya.

Jamie and Aisha had to leave a couple of days ago, they both had work, even though Hunter complains about his wife overstressing. As for Aisha ... she seemed more than a bit sad when she left, but, she will be coming back. As soon as she settles everything in LA, that is. She's moving in to Denver. For Kyle, obvious.

As it's in their character, mostly hers, they've both done everything in a rush, so Kyle broke up with his girlfriend, Fanny, also confessing her that he'd cheated on her with his ex, whom he was still in love with, and she loved him as well, so they couldn't spoil this other chance to be together, as he put it ( I know because, busy as he was working overstressing overtime to remain close to his brother and assist him in everything he might ever need, Kyle broke up with Fanny by the vending machine, and I was cuddling Noah as he took his nap while doctors were visiting Eric, so I heard everything). Hence, at least one couple of our group is getting a happy ending.

Aisha confessed she's always regretted breaking up with Kyle, over the years she's had a few boys, but no one was like him, she said. And because she hasn't changed in that, she's always impulsive, when they confessed they needed each other in their lives, she didn't think it twice before deciding to quit her job and move here in Denver. She told me she didn't even considering asking Kyle to move, he had his residency that would last a few years, she couldn't ask him to start it over, and she didn't truly love her job anyway, better said, she did love it, but she could do it anywhere, Denver included.

So, my friends left, I told my mom she could too, she has her job and Michael, but she didn't want to hear reasons, she had reliable staff at the hotel, she could afford being away for long, her vice would keep her up to date anyway, and as for Michael, he's a really patient man, she said, he knows she's not on vacancy, she's staying close to her daughter.