Chapter 34 - Making up

CHAPTER 34 - MAKING UP

NATALIE'S POV

I forgave and forgot as soon as I stepped into Aisha's car, but then it was too late to make up, right? I mean, as my friend suggested me, I'd have to at least keep him on tenterhooks for a while. Not much, just a couple of hours maybe.

Well, I let three hours pass, I was halfway through my shift at the café and Eric hadn't even called or texted me. What if he's the one right? I mean, it's true that I had a huge crush on Kyle before all of a sudden I started ... well, feeling odd things for my actual boyfriend ... maybe he's not that wrong to be aggravated ... well, but neither am I.

I mean, if he doesn't trust me, our relationship isn't going anywhere. He can't just be sure that simply because I have Kyle around I will have a fallback on my feelings or ... worse. I mean, for as much as all of this has been so quick, I am sure I want Eric and not Kyle. I am sure that what I want with my old crush is nothing more than a friendship. Just that.

Because in these weeks we've gotten close and while the Natalie of even only a few months ago would have been on cloud nine, thinking all of this was bringing to a real relationship, present me has always felt confused because while my crush got closer, my feelings for him kept shrinking. And all in favor of his nemesis.

So Eric can't really think I will dump him for Kyle at some point, just because my heart is stray and it does whatever the heck it wants. It's ... well, I hate that he doesn't trust me. That's all.

And yet I was yearning for him already. My fingertips were craving to dial his number or just text him and ... oh, what the hell! Why shouldn't I? Who said that he has to budge first? Well, ok, as Aisha said, this should be some sort of stance on our relationship, namely, I can't get him used to me being the little puppy crawling back to him with the tail between my legs every time we fight.

But I can't just live it as a challenge, as some sort of battle for who wins, I mean, I know nothing about relationships, but I don't want to keep the pout simply because then my boyfriend will think he can make me mad whenever he wants but I'll always come back. Ok, maybe I shouldn't allow him to think that, but ... oh, whatever.

I just typed my text to Eric during a break. The café wasn't too full and Sophie has decided she needs another employee only on Saturdays, when the shop is more full with people, so I didn't even have the excuse to tell Eric to come here because of that, but I decided I'd be just truthful, because I hate lies and scheming strategies, I want our relationship to be based off sincerity and ... well, affection. Am I utopian?

Can't you drop by Sophie's? I wanna see you

Something like pride chastised me for that message, but my heart instantly fluttered when I received the response, which was even really quick:

I thought you were mad at me and didn't want me around

I pouted at that. Ok, he's right. I didn't want to see him, because he really irked me with his being so overjealous and overanxious about my friendship with my old crush, but ...

Maybe I overreacted ...

I chewed on my bottom lip waiting for his response, although it came in just about 30 seconds later:

No, I did. But I just can't help but be jealous of my princess.

I let out a silly giggle that luckily was low, so nobody heard me. I was standing at the counter, Sophie was in the kitchen, so told me to remain by the cash register in case any of our clients wanted to pay their bill, but so far they were all still placidly sipping their beverages or tasting their muffins and so in company of their friends or while surfing the Internet.