beating boardgames

a/n

this is shit im sorry but its something 

a couple days later it was the evening and i was sat in my room working on a couple of my inventions. peter showed me his lab yesterday and that was a lotta tech. 

i had gotten more comfortable around all the avengers and just the fact that alot of people are always going to be in the tower. i kept getting reminded of tony and it always ruined my mood. sometimes for the entire day. 

wanda or peter always tried to cheer me up, nat often understood what i felt and kept me company. 

my hands we're covered in grease i bet there was some on my head as well. my fingers were red from holding the pieces together so long and right now all i needed to do was get this one teeny tiny screw into place then i could set it down

of course someone had to bust in "hey y/n wanna come play monopoly with me and my friends" peter asks making me loose the screw in the middle of the contraption again. 

i take a deep breath setting the thing down. ultimately giving up on this part for now and getting up to meet parker at the door.

"you sure they wont mind?" i asked wearily. peter just smiles waving for me to follow him. 

"they wont trust me. the more the merrier" 

we walked into the main area, nat was sat on a kitchen stool coffee in her hand and a book on the bench. she didn't notice when we walked in so the book must be good.

i sat down around the coffee table i met peter at and saw who i assumed to be his friends. a brunette with soft features and curly hair. and another brunette with hair swept to the sides around his eyebrows a hat on his head. inside? thats a weird choice. i brush it off what do i know about fashion these days. 

"ned, mj this is y/n. y/n this is ned and mj" he introduces pointing between us. 

"sup" "hey y/n" they greet. i nodd at them looking back at the colourful board. 

"have you ever played monopoly y/n" peter asks handing out some paper money. 

"uh, no i dont think so. i might have played it when i was really little but i don't remember" i scratched the back of my neck. 

ned and peter started gushing about other games asking how much they need to teach me i just looked over to mj kind of confused at this. 

she shakes her head shrugging. and the boys finally stop

"okay y/n your the youngest you go first" peter says handing me the dice.

the game seemed to last forever. i was winning somehow. i guess i picked up the game quickly. peter was in second, mj in a very close 3rd and ned just enjoying the game but i could tell he usually would be much higher up in the game

"with a hotel that will be two hundred and seventeen dollars thank you" i smirk receiving the money off a weeping peter as now mj was in 2nd.

"whos winning" natasha asks walking away from the kitchen to observe out game

"y/n" peter pouts

"oh spiderboy dont worry its only like her first time playing" mj smirks both of us high fiving teaming up on the boys

"ha well good luck pete. keep it up y/n this is amazing" she whispers to me i smile and nod at her. waiting, watching as people keep landing on my properties. 

"OH MY GOD WHY" peter stands up waving his hands around as he was now completely broke with all his properties mortgaged this is great. he just landed on another one of my properties and i actually love this game.

ned got out a couple rounds ago for the same reason. "bankrupt i am absoultly bankrupt" he throws his money at me and i win the game. 

after monopoly we played almost every game in the tower. playing through dinner and everything. the score was. 

mj 4

me 5

ned 4

peter 6

peter made a comeback after monopoly and it was currently 1 am. everyone was asleep and this was our last game of the night. 

"uno" i smile holding my last card up.  peter glared at me looking through his deck for something. he looks desperately at mj who was before me. i looked over to her pleadingly 

"sorry y/n" she shrugs placing a 2+ down. 

"HA sucks to be you" i put down my card revealing another 2 plus. 

i had gotten so comfortable with these 3 quickly it made me think about going to school. adults took longer to get used to by far but these 3 seemed easy to talk to. maybe its just luck. but you never know.

"go to bed children" clint said coming in. instantly i felt small in the room and out of place. 

"uh y-yeah goodnight guys" i got up ready to leave. the others say goodnight and i walk to my room. as soon as im back in my room i close the door taking a deep breath. 

now the over thinking sets in. 

a/n

the inspiration just leaves at 500 words now. like come on.        

i dont like this chapter. very sad