afternoon inventions

"hey how was school" wanda asked me as soon as i walked out of the elevator. she was in the kitchen drying up some dishes. she seemed so calm. too calm

"pretty boring" i admitted basically shaking in fear. she hummed drying her hands once she was done. peter comes in next seemingly coming straight from training. he clothes were covered in sweat he noticed my disgust and smirked.

"want a hug y/n" he runs over to be before i could get to far. i shook my head and ran away from him as fast i could. unfortunately for me he caught me in a headlock trying to shove my head into his armpit. god if i had a brother he would act exactly like this.

"get off" i finally shoved him off as he was laughing at me. nat walks in sweaty aswell and walks over behind wanda who was watching us in amusement.

"hey honey" the russian wraps her arms around wanda. or tried to. wanda had stopped her with her magic.

"hi. but bye" she laughed stepping away from the sweaty assassin. "both of you go have showers" she ordered. once they left she gave me an amused look. "what are you feeling for dinner tonight?" she asked opening the fridge and getting some sort of green drink out.

"im not too sure. but im going to go have a shower and work on some stuff if thats okay" i asked crossing my legs over. she nodded and i left to my room. as soon as i got there i dumped my bag by the door and slid down the wall. how did she not know.

anyway. i went into the bathroom having a quick shower as i felt disgusting after peters "hug". throwing something random on i left my room about to go down to my old floor as that's where all my old inventions were.

will it bring up trauma 100% but there's some cool stuff down there. peter came out of his room at the same time and asked if i wanted to go down to his lab instead. i agreeed but still said i was going to my floor first.

"woah this is where you were" peter said astonished. let's just say it's no penthouse. i mumbled a response and walked off.

he hurried after me and we made it to my room. the blood stained walls still intact. god that's disgusting.

"that's not paint is it" the man spider said shaking. i shook my head wrapping up all my old shit in a blanket.

we get back in the elevator and he's a little pale. the door opens to the floor where stark employees work and we go through this door that i didn't even notice was there.

"are you okay?" i asked peter as he had an odd expression. he nodded scraping his neck.

"yeah it's just hard to imagine mr stark doing all those things" he whispered.

"i don't have to imagine it" i shivered. "i guess it's different when you knew another version of him. he was like a father to you wasn't he" as soon as i said that he stopped in his tracks.

"it's okay you can say it" i assured him after a minute he nodded. "i just don't get why he was so fatherly to me and not to you" he said truely confused and opened another door into his lab.

"well he always wanted a son to pass his company too like his father and i guess he just didn't like me so he chose you to fill his fantasies. i don't know" i shrugged putting my stuff down on the empty bench he showed me.

"that barely makes sense. your like 10 times smarter then me and i really think you would do good for the company" peter said pulling his hair into a tiny looking ponytail. his hair was longer but i guess i never noticed cause it was curly.

"thank you peter. why do you tie your hair up" i questioned him.

"i like the length every other time but when i work it gets in my eyes" he explained. playing some old music through the speakers. "oh by the way mj will be here in about 20 minutes"

i nodded, mj was chill. no hate to ned but if he was here i would probably leave. he talks a lot and i get headaches easily.

"if you need any materials or anything i got everything" he said before we both started working in silence.

mj walked in with a full baguette sitting on a stool besides peters worm station. i was bending a piece of metal into place when all of a sudden it twisted and flew up into my face.

i groaned as the metal cut deep into my forehead. it caught the attention of mj and peter and pete jumped up over to me. i pulled the metal off my head wiping the blood off before trying to get it to fit again.

"hold up you have blood rushing down your face" he grabbed my head and a cloth holding pressure.

"i appreciate it but i'm fine" i brushed him off but he was insistant. so i sat on the stool looking at the brunette with a blank expression. "thank you" i said once he had put a band-aid over it.

"no problemo and be more careful"

time skip 3 hours later.

"miss maximoff calls you for dinner" friday announced. mj and peter instantly got up but i continued working. i probably couldn't eat what was made anyway.

"let's go y/n" peter said from the door.

"in a second" i mumbled tightening a screw. they left and i was almost done my invention.

i smiled once i finished it but i was get to test the small object. i throw the ball to the other side of the room and twist the brackets on my wrists. in an instant i'm teleported to the other side of the room.

"yes yes yes yes yes" i smiled as i picked up the thing.

"woah, how is that even possible" i hear a voice from the doorway.

"oh just um science?" i shrugged. i don't really know how to explain it.

"just science" wanda teased with a smile "that was really cool y/n, good job"