Chapter 6

Sandra placed her books on her bed after a long day in class. She had one semester before she obtained her law degree. Time had  flown by and she was happy to be almost at the end of college. She was now working as a paralegal for a Law Firm, The TYSON CORP. She worked under a woman named, J'licia Bowman. Sandra never met a woman so driven and precise like her. It seemed like everyday she learned something new. As she got ready to study her cell phone rang. She answered without looking at the caller I.D, "Hello"

"Now, why do I have to go looking for you when you have my number and cold use it at any time?" Stacey say when Sandra answered the phone.

"Hey Stace. Sorry I've been so busy it's not even funny. I was going to call you I swear" Sandra replies' with a smile on her face. She was happy to hear from her sister.

"I heard you work for a big time law firm" this was a statement not a question. No matter how much it sounded like she was asking she was just letting Sandra know that she was tracking her.

"Yeah, I got the job a year ago" Sandra answers she knew her sister would always be keeping an eye on her.

"That sounds about how long it took for me to hear from you" Stacey in her minor dramatic state. "Anyway it seems like college is becoming a dream come true"

"Actually not that close but it has it's good days. These days I have been studying hard with this exam coming up and all" Sandra say sounding humbled. She heard from other people at her job about the exam. It was nothing to play with. Sandra would be twenty-three before she actually faced the exam. J'licia was around the same age, or a bit older as she recalls before she gained her law degree.

"Don't worry you got it handled, I believe in you. So you meet any new hotties yet? I want all the details" Stacey say making them both laugh.

"Actually , no. I have my eyes set on someone though. He's from New Jersey as well" Sandra says feeling her cheeks blush.

"Ah, shit what's his name?"

"His name is Matthew. We went to highschool together and we're in college together. He's a decent guy. Taller than me with a fine caramel complexion. He's going for his law degree as well" Sandra explains about her friend Matthew. 

"Is he hot?"

"Now you sound like one of these white girls up here. But yeah he has it going on" Sandra admits as she laughs with her sister.

"So when are you going to stop playing the he is going to ask me out dance and go get what is yours?" Stacey asked. She always taught her sister to after what she wanted. It was pointless to want or need something or someone placed right in front of you and not go for it.

"I don't know,  last time I checked he had a girlfriend and I don't like men who cheat" I'd rather let them break up"

"Okay I see, so what else have you been doing besides the obvious studying and all that crap?" Stacey say changing the subject.

"I've went to a couple of the parties on campus. They are almost the best parties i went to so far. College is wild" she adds with a chuckle, "I see why a lot of people wipe out of college"

"Well you just stay focus. We both know that nothing is worth losing your chance. So keep your eyes straight and make sure you call me" Stacey says. They said their good-byes and disconnect the call.

After she hung up the phone she began to study. The thought of Matthew crossed her mind. He was in a relationship and Sandra was indeed happy for them, hoping for the best between him and his mate. But inside she wanted him. There was a couple other guys that she had her eyes on, but they turned out to be jerks. It seemed as if college was filled with fools and liars. She studied for about three hours. She placed the book she was reading out of, on the bed and stretched. Her roommate Kelly who was also a part time model had not come to the room in the past three days. She seen her a few times in the college halls but not yet on her side of the room. Kelly was Sandra third roommate, the other two ended up dropping out and going on with their lives. Sandra was still in contact with one of them.