Chapter 7

Megan's parks her car in front of Donte's house in Westchester. They got out and Donte takes the lead to open his front door. "Hold up a second let me put y dogs away. Their not people friendly, especially to strangers" Megan nods her head. Donte leaves her at the door as he put each dog, four total in the induvial pen. He opens the door and let Megan in, "Welcome to my castle"

Megan looks around the two bedroom houses. It was spacious and it smelled very clean. "Nice place"

"Thankyou," Donte say heading to the counter. "Sit, get comfortable have a few questions for you" Donte pulls out a bottle and two glasses. He laid them on he counter and went in one of the two bedrooms and closes the door behind him. Megan took the time to look around the house. She walks into the kitchen where the dogs were in their  cages, glaring at her every move. One growled letting her know she was not welcomed by them here. She smiles at them and goes back to the living room. She removes her coat and hangs it on the coat rack next to the door that she just realized was there. He even managed to take his coat off without her realizing that either. Donte comes out the room on the phone. "I'll see her tomorrow tell her I love her" he says before ending the call. He pockets the phone, "MY daughter, she is always pestering me about my where about" he chuckles and sat next to her on the Persian couch.

"She has good reasons to" She replies. In the instant of eye contact Megan caught sight of the painting on the wall. There was no way a man like him could afford such art. She got up and walks to the huge painting hanging on the wall over the Dining room table. "Is this real?"

"What do you know about art?" Donte asked liking her style a little more. He also now preserve his open opinion about her she was a close book that had a lot of secrets. Some that could get him killed she was a very dangerous woman.

"I know a few things enough to get me around the Gallery. See you are not the first person i seen with this piece and for it to be here means you at least know what you have" Megan takes her eyes off the art and put them on Donte, "Unless its a fake"

"Its a fake" Donte say without blinking. He changed the subject. "MY daughter is a very fine artist herself, but unfortunately I'm able to get nothing but, 'wait daddy' so you get the point"

"Yeah, she sounds like my kind of girl" They exit the dinning room and enter the living room. She didn't notice before but the apartment he was living in was actually larger then it looked. He was living like a king. "So you are a father. I must say that is one title that I wouldn't have gave you"

Donte eyes brows went up, this was a surprising statement he always received the opposite. People cold see he had kids by the protective nature he adores to be him self, as he claims. "Why not?"

"Nothing specifically. It's that you never mentioned you had kids, so I never assumed you had any" She replies. Donte accepts that answer. Him having kids wasn't her business and him sharing was just as much as a shock.

They both sit back down on the couch and Donte takes this time to ask his questions, "So what do you do that you are able to be part owner of a club such as the one we just left?"

Megan knew the question would eventually come up. By involving Donte into her world he had all rights to question what he was getting into. She would give him just enough of a taste of her life and see where he would take it. "As you already know, maybe, I'm a business woman. A woman that.... gets the job completed. Stewiee and I met some ten years ago. He's a friend of my father. At the time Stewiee's club was at an all time low, just making it. With my father's blessings I helped Stewiee"

"So you got a bunch of hoes in the streets to come work for the club" Donte says knowing about the prostitution's that was going on behind closed doors of the club.