leading the beginning

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

THE four had returned to their camping spot. Placing the bags on the table that Alex and Gert were able to scoop up. "What's next?" Chase takes a drink of water, it was hot, and Solaria was wearing black. All black to be exact, and it just made the matter even worse. "What's next is goodbye. Someone isn't coming on the rest of the mission." Alex looks at Gert's and she knew that he was about the dinosaur.

"What? But she's good!" Gert argued, "She doesn't hate squirrels. She poops in the trees. We're a team!" Gert tells Alex, a sad look forming on her her face. "Okay, let's at least vote on it." Very looks for support, but Chase, Ria and Nico don't say anything. It was risky and tiring trying to hide a dinosaur. And plus it got hungry, it wouldn't ate one of them for dinner while they're sleep. "Molly?" She turns to her sister, "It's not safe, Gert. We'll get caught, or she will." Molly had let's her down gently at the idea.

"Fine. At least let me have a moment." Gertrude had walked over to where she was, everyone had packed their stuff to continue on the road. And it was dangerous to have a dinosaur with them. A few minutes later and Gert had confirmed that she got rid of her. That she was free. "Okay. We should get moving." Ria had suggested and they all agreed and started to move. Alex had gotten a few maps with different small towns and cites that they could go to.

And they continued their mission to find Karolina. That was their main goal. And then, if they do find her and save her, they were going to find shelter. Like and abandoned house or building that they could live in. Because living in the forest isn't the most comfortable place to sleep. Especially with all the creepy crawlers at night and the thought of a wild animal coming out and sniffing you.

── ✧《✩》✧ ──

COUPLE of hours later, they were at Timely's Coffee spot, the classic meeting area would the used to go back home. But this one didn't have the caramel and chocolate with two squirts of almond milk latte that Ria enjoyed so much every time she used to come, but they did have some good cake pops though. "Mistake! That's mine." Nico had returned with a cup of coffee that apparently wasn't her's.

A well dressed man had followed behind her, the rest of the group had stood up, making him a little nervous. He was a member of that Gibborim church. "Oh. What the hell is this?" Nico gagged after taking a sip of his coffee, "Six shots of expresso. Don't judge me. Caffeine is the only vice I have left " He scoffed at the young girl, placing his hands on his hips. "What is this?" He looks between the group of teens, "We're friends of Karolina's. We need your help." Solaris had told him bluntly.

His face flashes concern, "What happened? Is she okay?" He asked them, "We don't know. We think she's being held in the church." Alex spoke, "Well, I'll call Leslie." He gulped, pulling out his phone, Nico stops in front of him. "She's apart of it." He looks at her with a puzzled expression. "Part of...what?" Alex sighed heavily at the man. "You notice that every year one of your young parishioners goes missing?" He shrugged at him, "They're runaways. Sometimes they, you know, run away." He was so clueless, it hurts Solaria.