𝑰 - 𝒔𝒕𝒖𝒑𝒊𝒅 𝒍𝒂𝒉𝒐𝒕𝒆

ACT ONE

Zelda Swan did not hate anyone

Zelda Swan did not hate anyone. She simply couldn't and she was pretty sure she never would. It wasn't in herself to hate people. She did dislike very few people tho. And on the top of her list stood Paul Lahote. He and his friends - at least what used to be his friends - were the reason Zelda hated going to La Push beach, being loud and obnoxious and acting like they owned the whole place. He never actually talked to Zelda or her friends, but it wasn't better to stand by and watch his friends yell sexual jokes at them. Adding to her dislike was the fact that he was so immaculate looking. And that was the main reason she could tolerate his friends more than him. They didn't make her heart flutter with just their presence.

Zelda Swan loved a lot of people. Her dad and her sister - who was currently sitting in her room, calling Jacob Black for the tenth time - were on the top of her list. Next came Angela Weber, her best friend and somewhere on that list stood the Blacks. Jacob was a good friend of hers and the pair spent even more time together when Edward Cullen and his family left town and Bella searched for love in the boy. Zelda didn't mind that one bit, just wanting to see her sister and friend happy. She did roll her eyes a lot tho, mostly when being with them, or around Mike Newton.

But honestly, who liked Mike.

And so when Bella invited Zelda to the cinema with Jessica, Mike and Jacob, the girl politely declined and had a sleepover with Angela.

Tho when Bella came into her room a few days later and demanded her to go over Jacobs house with her, she agreed. She put on her jacket and boots and jumped into the passenger seat of her older sisters truck, watching as rain made itself down, plastering against the window.

„What happened with him?" Zelda questioned as they came to a stop infront of his house. The sixteen year old whitened her eyes at the sight of him.

Cropped, black hair and broad, bare shoulders. And he got a tattoo. Zelda was confused. Bella was right when she said he acted out of character.

„We're about to find out, come on." she answered and Zelda scrambled to get out of the car, jogging to keep up with Bellas fast pace.

„Bella wait." Zelda called, eyes landing on Sam Uley and his group. Paul Lahote in the midst of it all but Zelda adverted her gaze before his eyes could meet hers. Something felt weird inside her but she pushed it aside.

„Jake! Hey" Bella ignored her completely and Zelda rolled her eyes.

„You cut your hair off? And got a tattoo?" she questioned and Zelda cringed slightly.

„Bella." he said, eyes flickering to Zelda for a split second before landing on Bella again.

„I thought you were too sick to go outside. Or, pick up the phone when I call." Zelda moved forward slightly, hand softly resting on Bellas shoulder.

„Go away." he mumbled in response and Zelda could have gasped at his rudeness. She did not like Jacob talking to her that way one bit.

„What?" she questioned, Zelda furrowing her eyebrows at his odd behaviour. To her, it looked like Jacob decided to join Sam Uley cults, or whatever it was was they were doing, seeing as they still stood at the treeline, watching the scene from afar.

„Go away." he repeated.

„What happened to you?"

Zelda watched the heartbreaking scene, Bella trying to catch onto Jacob as he turned to move away.

„What happened? Did Sam get to you? Is that what's happening?" she asked and Zelda grabbed Bellas hand, not feeling that what she was doing was right.

„Bella, stop it. They're right there, they can hear you." she whispered but both Jacob and the rest heard her very well. Jacob heard Paul huff in annoyance. To him, Zelda acted like they were some kind of monsters ready to rip her head off.

„Sams trying to help me. Don't blame him. But if you want someone to blame how about these filthy bloodsuckers you love." he spat out the name Cullen and Zeldas eyes widened.

„How- how do you.." she trailed off, looking from Bella to Jacob and back to Bella. Her gaze was fixated on Jacob.

„I don't know what you're talking about-" Bella started to defend but Jacob seemed to know it all.

„Oh you know exactly what I'm talking about. You've been lying to everyone. Charlie." he now looked at Zelda and she tried to shrink away from his gaze.

„You too, Zelda. You've been living with him for years, how could you?" he glared and Zelda tried to glare back.

„You don't know anything, Jacob." she hissed, arms folding to hug herself, suddenly feeling very cold and exposed under his presence.

He huffed, „you can't like to me, not anymore."

Feeling insulted and hurt, Zelda turned on her heel and began walking back to the road.

„I'll walk home." she huffed and Bella nodded in understanding. She knew forcing her sister to wait for her would do no good. Zelda fled whenever she felt embarrassed or anything.

She walked past the group of Steroids on her way to the road, glancing at Paul Lahote for just a second before she adverted her gaze again. He looked weirded out and angry when her eyes met his and she felt a shiver making its way up her back but she decided to ignore it. She hugged her jacket closer to her body as she hastily walked down the road.

„Stupid Jacob, stupid vampires and stupid Lahote." she mumbled to herself, shaking her head at her own childish behaviour.

She walked for thirty minutes and Bella still wasn't home. She went inside, going over to her dad to give him a kiss on the cheek, answering with a smile on her lips when he asked her if she walked in the rain.

„No, I took a shower outside." she smiled and he rolled his eyes. She definitely got the eye-rolling from him.