𝑰𝑰𝑰 - 𝒕𝒉𝒆𝒐𝒓𝒚 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒗𝒆𝒅 𝒓𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

ACT THREE

Zelda had a vomiting problem

Zelda had a vomiting problem. She always has. Whenever she was sad, nervous or scared, she'd had to throw up. For that reason, she always carried a toothbrush and toothpaste with her. She hated throwing up. So she tried to stay away from drama, boys and everything that could cause her to feel these emotions.

Paul Lahote and his friends used to be reasons she threw up. Whenever his friends started to get to close in her face, insult her and laugh at her, she'd turn on her heel and leave. Maybe they thought she was weak for doing so and she was sure they did. They would laugh whenever she left. But the truth was, she would make her way into the woods or a public bathroom, depends on where she ran into them and throw up.

Her vomiting problem got better when Bella came back home. New girl, new topic and Paul Lahote suddenly left his friends to hang around Sam Uley. Even tho he was never the one to insult Zelda, his friends now had different problems. They lost a friend, so she became a distinct thought in the very back of their minds. So she hated Paul Lahote even more. Because now to her it seemed like he was the key to get rid of his problems.

Zelda had studied the quileute Legends for the whole night, and somehow it made sense to her. The tribal tattoo, the way they never wore shirts and why Jacob couldn't talk to them. In a way she knew it was them. But she didn't admit it to herself. She shook her head when the thought first entered her mind and it only came back when she was yet again in Bellas passenger seat on her way to Jacobs house.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Zelda asked, Bellas eyes meeting hers for a split second.

Bella sighed.

"I don't know, Jacob visited last night. Talked to me about the cold ones and some legend he once told me about." She explained and Zeldas eyes widened. Bella parked the truck infront of Jacobs house.

"The quileute legends?" She asked, suddenly very aware of the theory she had last night, even if just for a few seconds. Maybe Jacob really was the miracle that saved them yesterday.

"Bella I'm not sure this is a good idea." Zelda called as she jogged to keep up with her sisters fast pace. Said girl had already knocked on the door tho. And very quickly the Swan girls were met with Billy Blacks face.

"Bella, Zelda." He greeted with a hard face.

"Hey, Mr. Black."
"I need to see him." Bella and Zelda said at the same time, and Zelda smiled at that.

"He's not there." Billy lied and Bella seemed to think about what to do next.

"I'm sorry but I need to see him." She said and walked in despite Billy not inviting her. Zelda stayed put. Billy called after Bella one more time but she just kept on walking. Zelda bit her lip in embarrassment at her sisters behaviour when Billy looked at her.

"I'm sorry Mr. Black." She said and Billy smiled slightly.

"I've told you a hundredth times it's Billy, Zelda." He said, hand resting on her forearm.

"Sorry, Billy." She corrected then.

"Bellas been having a hard time you know. I've um, I've read something online, I was hoping you could enlighten me on the topic." Zelda said than and Billys face changed to something unreadable for Zelda. He waited for her to continue.

"Uhm, the quileute Legends. Do you know where I can read them?" She asked, watching how his body language changed once again and he wouldn't look her in the eye anymore. She was about to talk again when she caught eye of Bella stumbling into the backyard. Zelda mumbled a bunch of no's as she jogged towards Bella yet again. She came to a stop when she saw the destination of her sister. She quickly grabbed her hand with both of hers, trying her best to pull her away.

"Bella stop, please. Let's talk I've got something to tell you." She begged as quietly as she could but Bella only shook her off.

Zelda contemplated going back, walking home again but she knew she couldn't leave her sister, so she carefully but quickly walked after Bella, like some pet of hers. It was humiliating thinking about it, but Zelda couldn't leave Bella alone now.

"What did you do? What did you do to him?" Bella called out, pushing Sam Uley which made Zelda shiver. There stood four men, each taller and almost twice in size as both of them. She stood behind Bella slightly, looking at each and everyone of them. She smiled at Embry slightly as he waved at her. Never has she been in a more awkward situation.

"He didn't want this." She said.

Paul Lahote spoke up next and somehow Zelda was brave enough to look at him for more than a second. She watched the way he talked, the way he moved.

"What did we do? What did he do. What did he tell you?" He asked, towering over Bella. Zelda remembered why she didn't like him. Bella was a few centimetres taller than Zelda and still she looked like she was unter 5 feet next to him. Zelda didn't like that fact one bit.

"Both of you, calm down." Sam spoke and Zelda took a step back in realisation. If Jacob was the miracle that saved them yesterday, if he was that wolf than that meant that all of them were too. And after Billy's reaction she was sure her theories were right.

"He tells me nothing because he's scared of you." The group of men started laughing at her and Zelda knew Bella was getting madder by the second. She hoped she wouldn't do anything stupid.

"Bella." Zelda warned her and took another cautious step back. Embry seemed to notice her sudden change of behaviour and he usually would smile at that. Jacob always said Zelda was too observant and it was no shock to Embry that she found out. And Paul seemed to notice too. He knew she wasn't fond of him, even before shifting he noticed how she would walk away from him whenever he'd see her, lip trembling and hands shaking and he felt bad for her, kind of. He did not know tho why she hated him that much. After all, he never did something to her.

His eyes locked with hers and for a second he calmed down.

That was, until Bella raised her hand and slapped him straight across his face.

"Too late now." Jared Cameron said in a jokingly manner.

Paul shook and his skin seemed to be boiling and the only thing Zelda could do was look at Embry and mutter,

"I knew it." Embry smiled at that but Zelda turned on her heel and walked away. With balled fists she walked towards the front door again until she heard bones cracking and clothes ripping and when she turned she saw Bella running towards Jacob, who randomly appeared and jumped over her. Looking back at it, she recognised both wolves as those who stayed back when Laurent was chased and that recognition, added by the sight of her theory being proved right, made her cover her mouth, turn around and run inside the house and directly into the bathroom.