𝑽𝑰𝑰𝑰 - 𝒔𝒆𝒄𝒓𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕

ACT EIGHT

Zelda disliked arrogant people

Zelda disliked arrogant people. She disliked when people thought they were better than others and she strongly disliked it when people did not think about others feelings. The girl knew she wasn't arrogant. Everyone knew. She may be a little reserved sometimes, but that wasn't always a bad thing. No one thought anything bad of it. Except him.
The first and the only time she was called arrogant, was by Paul Lahote. Arrogant bitch, he had called her when she accidentally spilled her drink all over him at some stupid beach party, and wasn't falling onto her knees to apologise. She did say sorry, but maybe the boy wasn't used to not getting the apology he wanted from girls. Maybe it was the way girls would swoon and flirt with him, every girl but his imprint, that aggravated him so much. But he didn't know back then, and he would change it all if he could. Every glare, every insult and every minute he spent showing her anything but kindness. But he did and perhaps he had to live with the fact that Zelda disliked him now.

"Doesn't he own a shirt?" Edward muttered, Zelda and Bella following his eyes until they too, met a shirtless Jacob. Bella gave the vampire a look and Zelda went ahead towards Jacob, giving her sister the privacy to bid her boyfriend goodbye on her own. The sisters haven't talked that much after Bellas almost-suicide.

Zelda gave Jacob a wordless wave, the girl not in the mood to really talk to her friend, tho they smiled at eachother as Zelda opened the back door and climbed inside. She sat there, phone in her hands and eyes focused on it as to not see any of the Jacob-Bella-Edward drama. She could imagine that much.

She sat for another minute or so until she heard Edward drive off and Jacob opened the door to the drivers side.

"So what do you guys want to do today?" Jacob asked, leaning down to look at Zelda before glancing  back to Bella. He listed down options, one of them being hiking and Zelda cringed at that. She did not want to go hike with them, not after what happened the last two hikes she had with Bella.

"- but tonight, we're going to a party." Zelda heard that last part perfectly clear and it made her eyes widen, Jacob and Bella smiling at her expression.
This would be good, she thought.

Zelda walked alongside Bella, Jacob on her sisters other side. The girl was clad in a hoddie and her thickest vest, but she was still shivering.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Bella and Zelda spoke in union, smiling at eachother then and Jacob chuckled.

"I really hate being a party crasher." Bella added and it made Zelda nod. She did too.

"Technically you're a council-meeting crasher." Jacob added and it did nothing to console her worries, especially as she looked forward and could make out people sitting around a very warm-looking fire. She hoped Paul wouldn't be there, and her heart ached at the thought. She hated herself for that, confused on where that feeling was suddenly from but it only got stronger the closer they walked towards the bonfire.