𝑰𝑽 - 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒇𝒖𝒔𝒊𝒐𝒏

ACT FOUR

Zeldas eyes stayed put on Embry as he drove Bella and her to Emily's Place as Sam had ordered

Zeldas eyes stayed put on Embry as he drove Bella and her to Emily's Place as Sam had ordered. Zelda felt better now after having let out her nervousness and anxiety and after brushing her teeth in Jacobs bathroom she heard a knock on it. Infront of the door stood a shaken up Bella and a smirking Jared, who explained that they would go to the Uley house. So they did.

"I think we should go back and see if Jacobs okay." Bella said and in a way Zelda agreed, tho she kept her mouth shut.

"I hope Paul sinks some teeth in him, serves him right." Jared said and Zelda shot him a look at that. Jared raised his eyebrows. Maybe Paul was right when he said that his imprint hated him.

"No way, Jacobs a natural, see him phase in the air? Five bucks Paul doesn't touch him." Embry argued and Zelda smiled at that.

"What, you agree with him?" Jared asked her teasingly and Embry stopped in his tracks to look at Zelda, knowing what her answer would be.

"I don't know. I just think maybe it would serve Lahote right too, to get some teeth sunken into him." She repeated his words and Jared smirked.

"Paul was right, you really do hate him." Zelda shook her head and blushed. Did Paul talk about her to them? And why did she suddenly care if he did.

Shaking off Paul from her mind, she walked in before Bella did, obviously less shaken up due to the fact that one, she thought it already and two, she felt oddly safe. Why, she didn't know.

She heard Embry and Jared talking to Bella outside but she couldn't eavesdrop as she was pulled into a hug by what she assumed must have been Emily Young. She'd seen her around before with her dad, given as she had been living in Forks for years but back then she didn't pay her any mind.

"Zelda, it's so nice to see you. How are you?" The woman asked and Zelda instantly smiled, feeling utterly comfortable in her presence.

"I'm good, Emily Young, right? I've seen you before." She greeted and Emily nodded, putting an arm around the girl and leading her into the house, offering a seat at the table which Zelda gladly took.

"You have, right. But you weren't family back than, were you?" She smiled, moving towards the oven to take out muffins, which looked amazing.
Zelda furrowed her eyebrows. What made her family now, why did Paul talk about her and what happened to him and Jacob?

She watched Embry and Jared sit down as well, Jared next to her and Embry next to Jared.

The pair took a Muffin and so did Zelda when she saw Bella walking in.
"Who's this?" Emily asked and Zelda smiled slightly. She knew her but she didn't know Bella? That's weird, usually it was the other way around. It was nice getting noticed.

"Bella Swan, who else."

"Huh, so you're the vampire girl." She smirked and Zelda smiled at the encounter. Despite not having been inside this secret for long, she was ready to question everything. Vampires she didn't find that interesting, apart from the cullens they scared her. But shapeshifters? She was ready to listen to every story and fact there was.

"So you're the wolf girl?" Zelda was still beaming and Embry chuckled slightly. Now that the stress has worn off, her loving self was back.

"Guess so, well, I'm engaged to one." Emily seemed to lighten up even more at that.
She offered Bella a muffin and she took one, smiling at her sister in the process.

"Leave it to Jacob to find a way around Sams gag-order." Emily said then.

"Uhm, he didn't say anything to me." She defended quickly and it was true. Zelda was about to, but Jacob didn't.

"It's a wolf thing, Alphas orders get obeyed wether we want them to or not." Embry explained and it made sense that Sam was the alpha. He seemed to be barking orders left and right.

"Little Swan seemed to know tho. Who told you, Paul or Jacob?" Jared asked then and once again Zelda was confused. Why would Paul tell her?

She shook her head.

"You're not as sleek as you think you are." She answered and Emily laughed at that.

Zelda watched Jared, Embry and Bella talk back and forth about some pack secrets and the speed of vampires and wolves until she heard Sam speak up from the doorway.

"Jacobs right, you are good with weird." He walked over to Emily, plastering her face with kisses. Zelda and Bella looked at each other, adverting their gaze. Sometimes they moved to similarly for people not to notice they're related.

Next in came Paul and Jacob and that's when Zeldas mood fell for the first time since arriving here. Almost every pair of eyes turned to Zelda as Paul walked up and took the seat diagonally opposite of her, on her left side with his back to Bella. He turned his head to said girl and then, just for a split second looked at Zelda, his jaw clenching as she quickly looked down and her heartbeat picked up. He could almost smell how uncomfortable he made her feel.

"Sorry." He smirked at Bella and Zelda would have smiled if anyone else said that. Her eyes were focused on the table and Sam looked at Paul expectantly, waiting for him to say something to his imprint.

"Swan." He greeted and Zelda huffed.

"Lahote." She said back, her voice much colder than his was.

She stood up when Bella moved to go outside but her sister raised her hand to stop her.

"I'll be back, just.. ask your questions or something." She said and Zelda knew it was her way to tell her to stay so she could be alone with Jacob. She wanted desperately to go away from Paul but chose her sisters feelings over her own. So she - once again - childishly crossed her arms and sat down with a glare.

Emily and Sam took a seat as well, trying to lighten up the mood just a bit to help Paul out.

"So, you seemed to already know, our secret." Sam stated tho his voice seemed unsure of how to approach the younger Swan. She glanced at Paul who was already looking at her with a glare, so she quickly focused her eyes back on the wooden table, blushing intensely.

"Yes, sorry, I googled it." She explained and Paul's lips curved up slightly, his eyes softening at her voice.

"You googled it." Emily repeated, unbelieving.

"No way, why did you?" She asked and Zelda smiled at her questioning. She felt slightly proud of herself for finding out.

"Well, I thought what vampire would be scared of wolves? Even if they're abnormally large. And then two of you guys stayed behind-" she stopped mid-sentence, eyes suddenly finding Paul's. She seemed to think about something hard, and Paul did not like that one bit. The last thing he wanted was Zelda to find out he was her soulmate, and that he'd literally die for her now.

"You and Jacob stayed behind. Why?" She asked then, every trace of a smile vanished from her face.

Paul opened his mouth to answer but closed it again.

"You wanted to scare me, didn't you? You looked right at me!" She exclaimed, Jared trying to hold in a laugh at Paul's suddenly very scared face.

"No, I didn't. Why would I do that?" He defended, voice low and dark as he leaned in closer. The closer he got tho, the more intimated Zelda seemed.

"For the same reasons you were mean to me before you shifted into that wolf!" She mumbled now, leaning into her chair to get away from his body, which seemed bigger now as he leaned forward. He noticed that, and instantly backed off.

He stood up with closed fists and the angriest face Zelda had ever seen and left the house, leaving her behind more confused then ever.