5

Soon after accidentally falling into Christmas Town, Jack's curiosity grew of the holiday and gathered a few items to bring back to Halloween Town to share what he learned.

"Then you wait till the 25th of December morning to open the presents this Sandy Claws left for the children?"

"Yeah. But some people do celebrate Christmas Day differently" y/n said looking up at Jack.

Y/n was currently in front of Christmas mobile Jack stole, Jack behind her. To sum up things up, Y/n was sitting on Jack's lap.

"Are you sure..about the town people seeing me? I am Human"

"I'm sure they'll love you! No need to worry my dear. I'll be with you always.." Jack said smiling down at Y/n.

"Jack's back!"

"Jack has returned!"

"Who is that with him?"

"A new comer?"

Y/n pulled her hood over head. "Jack! You're back! Where have you been?!" The mayor cheered "Call a town meeting and I'll tell everyone all about it.

"Oh- when?" The mayor asked

"Immediately!"

—————-

"Town meeting, town meeting, town meeting tonight, town meeting tonight!"

"Jack I'm not sure about this..I understand this is your town and you want to introduce me to everyone but.."

"But what my dear? What is it?" Jack stopped what he was doing and kneeled down to her. "I'm.." Y/n looked up at Jack's soulless pores. "afraid to be in front of everyone, I have a hard time being in front of a crowd. I get anxious when- when- I'm trying to speak to a crowd of people and-"

Jack placed his boney hand on her shoulder. "Listen to me Y/n, I understand. To be honest myself I used to be afraid to be in front of a crowd, but once I got to know the crowd. I wasn't afraid anymore. I will understand if you still would not want to be on stage just yet"

Y/n breathed in and out. "I'll think about"

"Alright Y/n. Back to what I was saying, you think they'll like this?" Jack showed her the Christmas tree. "I'm not sure Jack..they only know about Halloween right? But if you tell them about Christmas, they'll understand it..probably"

"Thank you for the feedback My dear!" Jack confusedly looked a toy that was accidentally broken. "Mind if I help..?"

"Not at all my dear!"

———————

The sky was beginning to turn dark, the town meeting went alright. The townspeople still confused of Christmas Day. In the end Y/n did introduce herself but with Jack by her side. They all did welcome her, and were surprised to see a someone alive in the town. Though their vocabulary did confuse y/n.

"You look very ugly!"

"It's terrible to meet you!"

And comments like that, but Jack reassured y/n that here is the opposite so they were actually saying 'you are very pretty' 'it's great to meet you!'

Y/n understood it and was more relaxed when she got to know the townspeople. Y/n walked behind Jack as they made their way to his tower. As they made their way to top.

"I'm still quite confused of this Christmas..traditions.."

"Anything I can help you with..?" Y/n asked then yawned

"Hmm..not at the moment..why don't you go in and rest for a bit. Humans need at least 8 hours of sleep to get their energy for the day!" Jack said walking over to y/n and kneeling down to her. Noticing her eyes almost closing, he smiled and placed his hand on her shoulder "but..do you need help..?"

"Don't worry my dear. I'll be just fine. You better get some rest. Alright?"

Y/n sighed and nodded. "If I do need help, I'll wake you Alright? Come along" Jack grabbed a hold of Y/n's hand and lead her to the bed. They both sat on the bed for a bit. "Before I leave you to rest..what is the purpose of..Christmas?" Jack asked looking down at
Y/n.

Y/n yawned and leaned into Jack's arm. "From what I've learned, it's a day or being together with the ones you love. Spending time with them, being grateful to be with them. Gathering together to have a big feast then after that gather around the Christmas Tree..like the one you made and open the present there is..to sum it up. It's a day to be with your loves ones.."

With y/n's last words she fell asleep against Jack. Jack smiled and carefully settled y/n down, holding her hand.

"That's a beautiful way to word it Y/n..I promise..we will soon get you home. But I'd like to spend a bit more time with you.."

Jack turned his head back to his items of Christmas. "This shall be the greatest Christmas ever.."