9

Jack pulled y/n to her feet, hand in hand they walked down the snowy spiral hill and into the cemetery. Leaving their footprints behind. "Jack..are you sure we should be—"

"Positive, come let's have fun. Besides it's Christmas, didn't you tell me it's a day to spend with your loved ones?" Jack said smiling widely. Y/n smiled and nodded squeezing Jack's hand.

Spending with loved ones..

Y/n with her other hand fumbled with the letter she yet hasn't opened that Santa left her.

Loved ones..

As they walked out of the cemetery and towards the townspeople, y/n couldn't help but smile seeing the people happy and mesmerized by what was around them. Jack smiled widely pulling y/n along hand in hand. As they continued to walk y/n's smile quickly fell as she Sally glaring right at her. Looking very furious, gulping she looked down in guilt and slowly tried to release her hand from Jack's. But Jack only tightened his grip on her hand.

"Seems like everyone is having fun!" Jack said to the mayor. "Seems like it! It's very strange but yet intriguing! Oh this Christmas thing is just splendid!" The mayor said smiling.

Y/n didn't pay much attention to their conversation as she zoned them out as she kept glancing at Sally who was still glaring at her. Sally huffed and made her way towards them. Y/n released her hand from Jack's as she was in front of them. "Hello Jack" she said in a sweet voice. Jack turned and smiled small greeting back. "Is it alright if I have a word with you?" She said smiling. Jack confused and said "can it not be said here?" Putting an arm around y/n. Y/n noticed a twitch in her smiling by Jack's actin.

"I'll go Jack. It's pretty..cold" y/n muttered coming up with an excuse to leave. "Cold? My l'm sorry I didn't notice before. Let's head back to my house. I'm sorry Sally but—"

"No Jack." Y/n interrupted and smiled weakly. "Talk with Sally. It must be important I can go alone. Zero will accompany me it's okay"

Jack frowned and finally nodded, but before she left he took a hold of her hand and gently pressed a small kiss and smiled at her. Butterflies filled your stomach by his action and you immediately left them be. Glancing one last time at them and Sally had placed her hand on Jack's arm.

Y/n sighed and quickly made her way back with Zero to his house. But stopped at the steps. Turning her head to check if anyone was behind her, she quickly opened the letter and it read:

Dear Y/n M/n L/n

Y/n dear you cannot stay in Halloween town. Your family are worried sick for you, you must return to them at once. I know you've grown to care very much for the monsters and especially Jack. But you must realize you are human. You cannot stay there. But I cannot tell you what you should do, its your decision but know your family are very very worried. I hope you make the right decision.

-Santa Clause

Y/n groaned frustrated as she gripped the paper in hand and stomped her way into Jack's house, Zero following behind.

"Zero I don't know what to do..this is so complicated... I wish I never came across this place" y/n said frowning and sat down at the dining table with Zero next to her. He barked.

"I don't regret meeting you all it's just..maybe it was better off I never arrived..should I go back home..?" Y/n muttered looking at the ghost dog just floating. He barked and floated around.

Y/n clenched the paper in hand as tears rolled down her cheek as she read over and over the letter.

"I wish I never met you Jack.." she muttered sniffling.

"w-what?" Y/n's eyes widened as she stuffed the letter back into her pocket hearing Jack's broken and low voice behind her.

Oh no not now..

••••••
Sorry I've been gone. School been tough and I haven't had enough time to write. Happy Halloween !