6

After Y/n fell asleep, Jack decided a small nap besides y/n. After a while they woke up and headed down to Dr. Finkelsteim to collect a few things for Jack's experiments. While Jack was busy with the Doctor, Y/n went up the stairs and met Sally. Hearing her voice drew her attention to Y/n.

After that the townspeople went to work on Christmas Day to happen. Hours turned into days and days turned into weeks. Jack was so determined for Christmas to be celebrated in Halloween town.

"Is this book alright?"

Jack quickly glanced at Y/n seeing what she was holding and nodded. "Looks perfect! Bring it, it must useful!"

Y/n slid down the ladder of Jack's library of books. Almost tripping on all the things Jack has scattered around his room. "Don't you think you're stress out a bit to much.." Y/n said handing Jack the book. Jack turned his body to face her and softly smiled.

"No need to worry about me, my dear. I'm doing just fine. Just trying to understand more Christmas that's all! And trying to keep things in order. A month is left till Christmas Day. So we shall not waste any minute!"  Jack said determined.

"If you say so..I'll be here for anything you need"  y/n said smiling. "I know my dear, you'll always be by my side. And I appreciate it a lot. My I don't know what I'd do without you.." Jack said smiling taking Y/n's hand into his. "Y-yeah. It's great I got to meet an amazing person- um I mean skeleton" y/n said and looked down in embarrassment.

Jack chuckled "it's alright dear. No need to feel embarrassed"

"Right, let's um stop wasting time here and continue"

"You're right"

At times Jack need equipment for his experiments so Y/n convinced Jack a lot that she can go alone to Dr. Finkelsteim to get the thing he needs and he agreed. Once she arrived she'd get the things she needs and quickly visit Sally.

"Hi Sal" y/n said walking into her room happily. "Oh hello Y/n. Back again?"

Y/n nodded. "Jack needed more things for his experiments. He looks so stressed out and I'm doing my best to help him"

Sally smiled "that's nice of you. Jack does seem he spends most of his time in his tower. It's odd you come alone"

Y/n sat down across from Sally "I convinced to let me. He didn't want me to go alone cause he was afraid something will happen to me since I'm human.."

Sally hummed "Seems like Jack is taking a liking to you"

Y/n blushed "why do you say that Sal?"

"From what you're saying it sounds like he likes you, but! I know Jack and he's only being nice..I haven't been able to be with Jack at all.."

Y/n sadden her eyes "why's that? Looks like Jack really likes you! You're his good friend.."

Sally's eye lit up. "You really think he likes me? I hope he does, I hope one day we'll be together"

Y/n's smile dropped a bit " I'm sure..he will! You just gotta just..express yourself more"

Sally nodded and smiled "but enough of that..how has Jack been? What is he up too?"

As Sally went on about Jack. Y/n began to think, 'she really likes Jack..I can't get in the way of that. I just met Jack and she's been here with him for a while. I can't take Jack away from her'

"Yeah..don't worry Jack as been great. Maybe if you helped him a bit like a few ingredients you might think will work"

Sally nodded and got up grabbing things.

After that Y/n went back to Jack. Jack happy that she came back in one piece "y/n my dear! Thank goodness you're back! I was starting to get worried!...y/n?"

Jack walked over to y/n lifting her chin. "You seem a bit sad..did something happen when you went to—"

"No Jack it's nothing, just a bit..tired I guess" y/n said looking up at him. He hummed. "Maybe you're hungry? That's probably it, here give me those and we'll deal that that later. Let's have a small break shall we?" Jack grabbed Y/n's hand and led her down stairs.

"Christmas is just around the corner y/n. I can't wait to spend this Christmas with you!" Jack said "do you..ever think about your family?" He added looking down at her.

Y/n looked up at him and nodded. "Hm..would you like to return as soon as possible? We can go back to those trees and see if through the door is your home-"

"No Jack. Not now, I prefer to stay here to help you as much as possible before I go back..I'm not sure if I want to head back though.."

Jack's eyes widened. And stood in front of y/n "really!? Are you considering of staying in Halloween Town!?"

Y/n blushed seeing Jack's excitement. "I..Um I'm thinking about it..I'm not sure..there is still a reason I want to go back.."

Jack nodded "I understand, but for you to remember it'll be amazing to have you here with me."

"Yes Jack I know. It'll be awesome to be here with you too"

Jack smiled and hugged y/n happily. "I assure you, having you here will be splendid!"