10

Y/n stood up from the table and turned to face Jack, his expression had softened.

"why..why would you ever say that? Was what you said before..lies?"

"No, No! Of course not I meant every word I said it's just.." she paused as she gripped the letter in her pocket.

"What is it you have there?..y/n" Jack crept closer to y/n as she backed up to the table.

"N-nothing Jack—just trash I forgot to throw out—"

"You're lying to me Y/n. What is it you have? Is it the reason you said what you said?" Jack now towering over y/n. Y/n not wanting to make eye contact with him kept her head facing down.

Jack placed his boney hands on y/n's face, cupping it and raising it slowly so she'd face him.

"What is troubling you my dear..? Please tell me.."

"Jack you have to understand that I'm..different than you and we—"

"Are you still on about the same thing?" Jack asked softly caressing her cheek. Y/n sighed and leaned into his hand, closing her eyes.

"You are too good for me Jack..I can't—"

"Stop saying any of that, y/n please understand I want nothing more than to just be with you every single day.." Jack said softly with a smile.

"Jack how can you—"

"I just can my Y/n. These moments we've spent together..this feeling I have being with you grows more and more as time passes."

Y/n stared up at Jack with teary eyes, looking down and taking the letter out.

"What is that my love..?"

Y/n unfolded the letter and handed it to him. Taking it and reading it, he frowned looking back at y/n who was had her head down.

"Do you..want to return?" He asked hesitantly. Y/n shrugged and leaned against him as Jack rubbed her back. "Jack you know I—" she paused.

Is it too soon to say I love you?

She looked up at Jack hesitant for her next words, her lips parted. Jack's eyes roamed from her eyes down to her lips.

"You..what y/n?"

"That I care about you a great lot." She said quickly.

That works..right?

Jack smiled and leaned down leaning his skull head against hers.

"I care very much for you as well but...if you do plan on going back to your family I completely..understand" Jack said sadly.

"I can..always visit them. You know? Then visit you. We can work something out" y/n said with a smile and kissed his cheek without thinking.

"Oh—sorry—that wasn't—I"

Jack laughed and patted her head "don't worry my dear. I quite liked it actually" Jack said softly and kissed her forehead.

"Come now, let's continue this conversation tomorrow hm? You seem very exhausted" Jack grabbed hold of Y/n's small fleshy hand into his boney one leading her up to his room.

"Stay with me..?"

"Of course" Jack smiled and snuggled into bed with y/n as she quickly drifted to sleep. Jack sighed as she stroked her hair gently as many thoughts filled his mind. Looking down back at Y/n sleeping soundly he kissed her head softly and drifted to sleep himself.

——
Next morning y/n woke up abruptly as Zero jumped onto the bed licking her face. "Oh gosh Zero.." y/n groaned and stroked his head. Turning her head she saw Jack was no where so she got up fixing her messy hair a tad and walked out the door into the hallway. Following Zero and into the kitchen, rubbing the tiredness away from her eyes.

"Oh y/n my dear! Did Zero wake you?" Jack said glaring at Zero. "It's alright, don't get mad at him" y/n said with a tired smile. Jack smiled and walked over to her cupping her face and kissing the top of her head, she leaned into his touch and closed her eyes.

"I can get used to this.." she muttered. Jack sighed and frowned. "Me as well.." opening her eyes she saw Jack frowning. "What—"

"I think it is best to return back to your family y/n.."  y/n's eyes widened and he looked at Jack.

"Ja—"

"Hear me out before you say anything..my dear y/n you know I love the idea for you to stay with me. But you are right you are human, and still have your life to live. But we still can visit one another, your family are possibly devastated."

Y/n frowned knowing he was right. "Don't believe I'm pushing you away my lovely..never think that I—"

"I know Jack. I know." Y/n interrupted giving him a small smile.

"We'll work something out I promise my dear."

——-

So FUCKING SORRY FOR NOT POSTING ITS BEEN ALMOST A MONTH ILL TRY AND UPDATE FASTER. Honestly I hate how I get ideas to make other stories and I never finish them.