Chapter 3: Hotch-rocket

"Oh God. I am so sorry Rossi, can I repay you somehow?"

Rossi scoffs. "You really can't pay for the clothing, considering you don't have the money for it, And I don't have the heart to make you suffer, so I'll let it slide."

You sigh with relief. You were happy with the fact you wouldn't have to be in Rossi's debt.

"Buuut," He trails off. "I do need a favor from you."

You glance up at him from your cup of warm coffee. He smiles awkwardly and gets up from the seat he was in. He walks towards you, his breath becoming more and more harsh.

"Y/n..."

"Uhh, Rossi..?" You step back. He walks more towards you and backs you into something cold, a wall maybe? "Rossi what are you doing..?"

"Y/n I need you..."

NEED YOU? NEED YOU FOR WHAT?

"Y/n, I need you to get me a ice pack from the fridge."

You shudder a bit. Turning your head to see that he backed you up against the fridge. Your erratic heart beat slows down, as you open the freezer of the small break room and pull out an Ice pack.

"Rossi, do you just keep ice packs everywhere?" You smile at him handing him the object in your now cold hand.

"Yes, I'm always prepared."

"I see that now." You chuckle a little bit. "What were you even doing when I startled you?"

He shuts his mouth immediately and his cheeks turn a light pink. "I- was- uhm, doing something embarrassing."

"Like what?" You ask with excitement. "Ohhh, were you in here talking to yourself?"

Rossi nods his head quickly, smiling to himself and looking away with a nervous grin. "Yep! You caught me!"

Getting up, you push in your chair and walk away, smiling to Rossi as he watches you in awe.

A day or two later the team apprehends the unsub, or unsubs as I should say. You were pretty happy with yourself, considering you did so well with your first case back. Prentiss, Morgan, And JJ congratulated you and welcomed you back. Hotch welcomed you aswell, Reid was happy that you were gonna be there so that way he can blabber on about his books to you, and Rossi? He was... Happy, you were back. Of course, but he was kind of overwhelmed with joy? He was very confused on what he felt, but for now, he figured he'd just say he's glad to meet you.

Everyone went home, mostly except Rossi and Reid. Reid was so lost in his paperwork and the files on his desk he lost track of time. Once he finished his work, he zoomed out of the building and probably walked home considering he left his keys in his Go-bag.

So now it was just you and Rossi. Nice. Just what you needed. You look at your watch and realize the time.

But suddenly you hear faint groans and hisses coming from Rossi's office. You wanted to be respectful, but we both know you are VERY nosy.(GET CALLED OUT.) So you walked up the stairs, past Hotch's office, and knocked on Rossi's office door.

"Hey Rossi? It's pretty late, you should probably go home and get some rest. Actually, did you know that-"

Right before you were able to finish your sentence Rossi interrupted.

"GO HOME REID! I'LL BE OKAY."

You raise your brow in offense as an idea forms in your head. You put on your best Reid impersonation and reply to Rossi. "Actually, people of your age need a good amount of sleep, the average human thrives off sleep to survive, so even messing up your sleep schedule can have a huge impact on you and your performance in the field, Also did you know older adults need about the same amount of sleep as all adults-7 to 9 hours each night. But, older people tend to go to sleep earlier and get up earlier than they did when they were younger. There are many reasons why older people may not get enough sleep at night, such as-"

"Dear lord (y/n) just come in next time." He groans loudly. "How did you even memorize that?"

"I have a really good memory. Not like Spencer's, obviously, but it's pretty good." You stare and the large cut on Rossi's arm. He tries rolling down his sleeve and dismiss you back to your work, but persistently you step to his side and reach into your go-bag. You pull out some bandaging and ask him to show you his arm.

"(Y/n), you're not a doctor." You smile slightly and start wrapping him up, not needing to hear the reasoning behind the large cut.

"I, uh," he starts. "When we were about to arrest the unsub, he threw a knife at me, it flew towards my face but I deflected it with my arm." He hisses at the contact of the bandages rubbing against his skin. But then he realizes, you were actually helping him. He looked at you, and in that moment, he appreciated someone's help. He appreciated not being a burden.

"(Y/n), it's fine, I got it, I'll be oka-"

"Hush. You're welcome, and you're making me loose focus."

"You need focus to bandage my arm?" Rossi asks with a brow raise. He realizes you weren't even paying attention, and just stares at you. Like a deer in headlights. "(Y/n)? Why was your family targeted?"

You stop putting the bandage on, but continue, explaining your story. "I was working on a rough case. There was a partner, but we didn't profile it. So to get to my head, the other unsub, Selene Lacy, was torturing my family relentlessly, I couldn't just wait around, so I left the BAU and by the time I found Selene she'd already killed my family."

"You're so weak. You could have stopped them."

Your eyes widen at the sudden change in tone, and you know exactly what he means by it. You excuse yourself from Rossi's side, gather your stuff, and exit his office. He tries running after you, yelling out your name. You walk past Hotch's office again, walk down the stairs, place your go-bag on your desk, and head home.

You enter your car, turning on the radio and blasting it with your favorite depressing music. 'who does Rossi think he is? Just because he's famous and rich he thinks he walks around with sooo much authority, huh? Who is he to make a comment on your past? You were just trying to help. YOU JUST WANTED TO HELP HIM, BUT NO, HE HAD TO BE A STUBBORN ASSHOLE AND SUCH A DAMN LITTLE PRI-'

Oh shit.

You swerve off the road, luckily your car doesn't flip, but you definitely got a flat tire and you're atleast 35 minutes away from your home. So, (y/n), what did you do now? Oh! Wait, you should use your phone! Right! You reach for your phone from the back pocket of the pants you were wearing, but the only thing you find is your work phone. Just great, you thought. You scroll through your contacts on the small device, and eliminate your opinions on who to call for help. "Not Prentiss, probably not Garcia, Reid's slow when driving, Hotch is with Jack, Morgan's asleep, JJ is busy, so that just leaves... "

Rossi.

You groan loudly and try to find different ways to avoid calling him. But none sounded right.
You reach for the middle console of your car, but something feels off. Your vision is blurry, and you're... Having trouble breathing.

You've been drugged.
You know immediately.
You grab the phone and dial Rossi's number.

"This is David Rossi speaking."

"Ross-i I've been... Drugged."

You hear shifting on the other end. Then you hear a car starting. Wow he really was on it.

"I'm on my way."

"But... Rossi, you don't know where I... Am." You struggle to keep your eyes open. "Rossi, I'm... Cold."

"Hey, hey, hey, talk to me (Y/n). Keep those pretty eyes open."

About 30 minutes later you see Rossi pull up towards your car, hop out, run to your side, and carry you into his car.

"David I'm sorry..." You slur your words a bit. Rossi shakes his head, driving to the nearest hospital. The hospital is at least 30 minutes away, and he knows he may not have time to save you, but he's gonna try.
He's gonna try, even if it kills him.

He speeds past traffic lights, zooms past civilians, and all while still concerned about you.
"Rossi? Did you really think my eyes are pretty?" He nods his head. "Who wouldn't?" He replies.
You raise your hand