Chapter 8: Happy Valentine's Day

A handsome, mature, Italian man sits across from you, sitting in a possessive pose and laying back.
You both took subtle glances at each other, switching focus from the meeting to one another.

"What's the age?" You ask Garcia, leaning forward towards her to regain control of your mind.

"She already said it, (L/N)." JJ whispers to you, maintaining a small smile on her face.

"L/N, we're gonna talk about this later." Garcia gives you a playful glare before answering your question and continuing with the debrief.

"What's with the sudden un-nerdiness of L/N?" Rossi looks over to you. You look back at him from your seat, he was sitting across from you, snuggled closely together with Morgan in the seats. "It's not like you to lose focus in a debrief like that. "

"It's kinda sad and boring Rossi. "

Morgan butts in, "Sad and boring with L/N?? " He chuckles and softly hits Rossi's shoulder. "Now I'm interested."

Looking at Morgan's leaning forward state, you sigh and tell them both your struggles. "It's Valentine's Day and it's just another year I have to spend without anyone. And I want to ask someone to dinner but his taste is way too expensive."

Rossi perks up at the words, "his taste is too expensive." He hopes to God you mean him. I mean, you two slept in the same house and well, he enjoyed it.

"Ah, listen baby, I could never reject you." Morgan smirks at you. You two chuckle, knowing he was just kidding. "But for real, baby doll, if you need someone to keep you company we can go party. "

"Thanks Derek. "

Listening to Morgan call you baby and baby doll, hurt Rossi a bit. But he just rolled his eyes and crossed his arms, closing his eyes and trying to fall asleep.

"Rossi." You tap his shoulder and call out to him. "Wake up, we landed."

He immediately jumps up and waddles his way out of the jet, smiling at you in a sleepy way.

Rossi had been thinking of something to get you for Valentine's Day, despite knowing you for barely a year or so now. He bought you a beautiful dark red dress decorated with black designs here and there. Packed in a gold gift bag, there was the dress, a pair of heels, and an extremely expensive necklace which had your name on it.

There was a knock on your door, then another, and then three more. You opened the door and David standing there, bag in hand, flowers in the other. You invite him and and welcome him to your humble home. The place was somewhat modern and Rossi took his time examining every inch of it, carefully glancing over it's features, as well as yours.
He looked at you as if he had fallen in love for the first time. You looked back at him, questioning what the gifts were for. Rossi straightened his posture and smiled, placing the items on your counter and guiding them towards you.
Your hand grazes over the shiny bag, reaching in and taking out the beautiful dress, shoes, and finally necklace. The one thing that truly caught your eye was the necklace. The way it glicened in the light of your kitchen, made you fall in love.

"So," David finally spoke up. "What do you say you go try those on for me?"

Glancing at him and back to the items you smile and head off into your bathroom.
Rossi takes a big intake of air when you finally emerge from the room, staring at you like a predator with it's prey. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't look away. By that time Rossi  had already put on his Italian music and started cooking. But he was so distracted he completely forgot about the food.
"My God Y/N you look like a goddess."

The way the dress hugged your body perfectly, the way the heels made you an inch taller, and finally, the necklace. The necklace gleamed, radiating and glowing, exaggerating your chest features.

You clear your throat and laugh. "Okay Derek Morgan, what are you cooking?" There's a big waft of the food that hits your nose, causing you to cover your lower face with a napkin and gag. "Dave, I think the food is burning."

"Dave?" He asked, losing his mind over the name.

"Sorry. I just heard Aaron call you that and I thought it was cute."

Wasting no time at all David walks closer to you, inching closer and closer to your face until finally, he's close enough to whisper in your ear.

"Se mai mi chiamerai di nuovo così mentre sei così, non esiterò a fotterti a morte." He leaned in extremely close to your ear, his voice husky, and his Italian accent harsh. "Am I understood?"

You didn't understand. Not a single word he said. So you told him so, and of course, he didn't take well to it.

"I didn't understand a single thing you said Dave." You giggle awkwardly.

David grabs your hand and pulls you close, hearing the song he's been waiting to play. You two start swaying to the music, his hand on your waist moving lower and lower down your backside, and your hand softly stroking his shoulder. Both of your hands were intertwined by the others hand and you held each other there for a good while.

He lays his head in your neck and sighs."Who's the lucky guy you were gonna ask out?"

"You."

There was a long silence in the room. The music had stopped and the two of you were frozen in place, not knowing what to say.

"Oh.. Hey David, it's okay if you don't feel the same-- I was just gonna ask you as a friend I swear!" You sooth the silence. Rossis face shifts from a mouth slightly opened shocked expression, to a soft smile. The kind of smile that radiates warmth and comfort. He looks down at your hands, which were both intertwined still, lifting your hand up to his lips and placing a small kiss on the back.

He coos you softly. "Hey, hey, it's okay mio tesoro. I feel the same way."

He watches your face slowly go from a scared expression to a loving one in an instant.

And they kissed and the end (of this chapter finally)