any normal father would feel guilty

eleven

Nikolai took in a deep breath to calm the monster that threatened to escape. He clenched his fists before rolling his head to the left and then to the right, attempting to crack out the irritation and frustration caused by his once best friend. A man he almost called his brother, now a man he could only say betrayed him.

A slight growl thundered in his chest, a wave of animalistic anger bubbling in his mind, not even having to guess what Dmitriy's plan was. Yes, Nikolai had just mercilessly slaughtered the Heads of the Families for a single comment of disrespect towards the mother of his child, despite their platonic relationship after Annika and her... death. He wouldn't even have to explain anything at all to their eldest children, the new Heads of their families.

They, like he after reaching a certain age, spent a specific, secretive amount of time proving themselves to their parent or whomever the current family Head was, their worth of being their successor when they died. Of course, the eldest child needed to be educated in...unique ways, depending on the House.

Yes, his reaction would go unquestioned by the replacements as he was the new Head of the Sem'ya.

Pinching his brow and clearing his throat, Nikolai scowled, closing his eyes. He'd lost his cool. But at least, the new Sem'ya, his friends who were all close to his own age and not old aged men stuck in their ways, had met and were closer to him and Annika.

Dmitriy had failed thus far.

Truly, the Russian wanted to put a bullet between the dirty blond's eyes, engraved with his name on it, of course, his suspicions of the deaths of his family being his former friend's fault, were mounting.

The black haired man pulled the keys from his pants pocket, punched one into the ignition and turned it. As the BMW 8 rumbled beautifully to life, Nikolai felt a rush of several emotions, two that severely disappointed him. The thrill and nostalgia of doing something from when he was younger. In the face of his satisfaction of being rid of the crabby, old mob bosses who thought they ran the world, Nikolai hated himself for missing the exhilaration that was brought on by the adrenalin right now flowing through his veins. The exhilaration and euphoria he felt in his youth during his teachings to take his father's place.

The steel colour eyed Russian, the new Head of the Molchalin Family had however instantly stopped his... secondary education... when his daughter was born. His father immediately and completely understood with no complaints, having done the exact same when Nikolai was born. His grandfather had done so as well. As had his great grandfather.

A gentlemanly trait...

Nikolai ran his tongue over his top teeth, a long sigh escaping from his nose before he gently pulled away from the curb, practically invisible to the police and the firemen speeding towards the burning building. At least one thing he was proud of doing today.

It wasn't like he enjoyed taking a life. It was the grace. The finesse. The elegance of it all. He also knew that any normal family, any normal father would feel guilty that their daughter must follow in their footsteps, in both types of education. Hell, no parent would allow it at all.

But... Nikolai sighed once more as he threaded a hand through his thick, dark hair, he and his daughter came from a long line of powerful and important... kind of people. As much as he hated it, Annika Faye would need to be educated the same way he was when she turned sixteen. The same way all Molchalins had been.

Though it wouldn't just be because his baby girl would be the new Head of House Molchalin following his death.

It would be because, like Nikolai, Annika Faye Molchalin would be the new Head of the Sem'ya.

:3

Alice suddenly paused before them all, frozen in place as her eye glazed over. Whispered voices and shadowed figures then took over her mind...

"I... you're leaving me, I know it. But I need to tell you..."

"Then tell me..." though his baritone voice was airy, there was almost a pleading note hidden within as he tightened a muscled arm around her waist and brought a hand up to cup her face, pulling her so close they were touching, "tell me your secrets as I've told you mine..."

"... I'm not human."

Like he still didn't understand, he did nothing but smile that sweet, gentle smile that he hid beneath that stupid blank mask when dealing with his 'family business.' It was a smile made only for her.

She opened her mouth once more to yell at him, to explain, to make him understand, when he kissed her, silencing those words forever. A soft moan left the blonde's throat before he finally pulled back and settled his forehead against hers, his eyes now closed.

"I know," he whispered in a trance, still not fully awake to understand her words, "You are a fallen angel, desperate for the affection of your beloved soulmate to make you soar amongst the clouds again. To feel their love entwined with your heart to live and breathe once more."

The immortal woman would cry if she could, as she whispered back with a tremor filled voice, "How can you always twist your words into such art, such allure?"

He pulled back once more to look her directly in the eyes and answered her question with a question, "How can you enter my life, during these short months of me being in Forks, and turn it upside down, time and time again?"

Her lips trembled, eyes welling with tears that would never fall, then she shrugged half-heartedly, watching as he pressed her hand flat against his chest to feel the beating of his heart.

..."-ice? Alice? Can you hear me?"

The small Cold One took a few unneeded blinks and let out a long breath before she let Jasper lead her over to the couch.

Her amber eyes drifted over to Rosalie who was standing behind Jasper, wearing a concerned frown.

Alice stared for a few seconds before shaking her head, "It's alright. I'm okay. Everything will be just fine."