Morning After

Minato and his wife Kushina were sitting on the sofa, embracing each other in the living room embracing each other. Minato was rubbing his Kushina's enlarged belly, inside her stomach was his soon to be born son.
"I can't believe it... it's almost time, us two,, parents, you a beautiful mother, and me...a father."
Minato said as he looked up to Kushina's warm smile.
"It's almost crazy ya' know... a little piece of us is gonna be out in the world. Tomorrow our life is gonna change for the better in just a few hours."
Kushina looked into her husband's blue
eyes.
"Then we'll be parents to a baby...oh crap we still need to come up with a name.".
Kushina bashfully rubbed the back of her head in slight embarrassment.
"Oh right there's so many options for a baby boy...hmm..well I think I got one...but you may not like it."
Minato looked over to Kushina.
"Why not?"
Kushina asked curiously.
"Well because... it's from my master Jiraiya."
Minato chuckled nervously.
"Hmm.... let's hear it first."
Kushina said, her skepticism on high alert.
"Well the name my master came up with was........."
"NARUTO!!!!"
Kushina shouted as she noticed the paper bombs on Naruto.
Minato in a hurry used his flying raijin to remove the blanket with the explosive tags and transport it to a safe location.
"Dammit he forced me to use the flying raijin, his true target was Kushina."
Minato teleported away to his wife, but not before placing Naruto at a safe location.
"You'll be safe here Naruto... then I'll bring your Mama back...I swear it then I'll beat the bastard who did this."
Minato placed his son down and quickly teleported away just in time to save his wife from the masked man who miraculously hasn't started the unsealing ritual yet.
"I'll stop you here and now, you monster!"
Minato quickly dispatched the assailant, stepping over his lifeless body to get to his wife.
"Kushina I did it, I saved us, you're safe, our baby safe, our family is safe...right... we're all safe right."
Minato shook his wife but when the woman faced her husband her face was nothing but a decaying skull.
"Kushina!! Wait, don't go!! I saved us, I saved us...I saved us!!!"
Minato shot up as he quickly looked around him, breathing heavily.
"You're finally up."
Fugaku walked into the living room placing a cup of tea onto the table adjacent to the couch Minato was on.
Minato, now finally calming down, looked around him.
"It was a dream...no...a nightmare..."
Minato sat down on the couch he was standing on.
"Fugaku, why am I at your place?"
Minato asked, confused.
"Well....last night you had a bit too much to drink and.. . it's best you see for yourself."
Fugaku grabbed a CD that was labeled security footage and he inserted it into his DVD player.
The footage showed an obviously drunk Minato hopping from table to table dancing on them and him quickly flashing out the restaurant leaving the patrons and his date bewildered.
Minato viewed the footage in horror.
"Oh God...I didn't."
Minato hid his face in embarrassment.
"You did, after you flashed out the restaurant you sent me and our friends 
on a wild goose chase until I found you at the one spot I knew you'd be at."
Fugaku explained to Minato.
It was all coming back now for Minato
"No, I didn't go there....not in front of her.
Minato sighed heavily.
"I blew it. Gakky I'm sorry, I ruined everything."
"On the contrary Minato, I'm the one who should apologize to you, I forced you into a date when it hasn't even been a full year since...the incident."
Fugaku admitted.
"Fugaku, no really it's all on me, how can I be a good father and a good Hokage if I'm showing weakness like this to not only my people but most importantly my son and his mother."
Minato slumped deeper into the couch 
"If Kushina was here, she would've definitely pummeled some sense into me."
The blond sighed at the mention of his dead wife's name.
"Hmm"
Fugaku swiftly smacked Minato across his head.
"Owww the hell!"
Minato rubbed the now sore spot on his head.
"Consider that a smack from beyond the grave."
Minato smiled.
"Yeah that is exactly what she would have done...I think that may have cleared my head a bit."
Fugaku smirked.
"Maybe I should consider hitting you more often."
Minato frantically held up his hands.
"N no need for that Gakky I'm good."
"Good now why don't you join us for breakfast, Naruto should be waiting for you now."
Fugaku motined for Minato to follow him to the dining room.
"Oh no did Naruto see me drunk last night?."
Minato groaned at the thought of his own son seeing him weak.
"Don't worry he was asleep way before I brought you here."
Fugaku replied, relieving Minato of his worry.
Minato and Fugaku walked into the dining room and Naruto was quick to notice his father.
"Dada!"
"Lord Hokage."
Itachi quickly kneeled in front of Minato.
"Excuse me for not preparing for your arrival.
"Whoa Mr.Namikaze when you get here?"
"I forgot to tell the kids he was here."
Mikoto chuckled as she continued feeding Naruto.
"Sorry you guys I didn't mean to surprise you, also Itachi no need for all that right now I'm uncle Minato."
The blonde man chuckled.
"Itachi is just like his father when he was younger, always serious no matter where we are....until I snagged him up."
"And we've been in love ever since."
Fugaku smiled.
Sasuke made a visible gagging face causing Naruto to laugh at the exaggerated gesture.
"Anyways you must be starving Minato, let me get you a plate."
Mikoto went to work on preparing a plate of food for Minato.
"Dada dada!"
Naruto reached his arms out to Minato.
"Here you go Mr.Nami."
Sasuke handed Naruto to Minato.
"He was talking about you all last night, guess he was worried."
Sasuke explained to Minato, who was doting on his son.
"Thanks for taking care of Naruto, you're like a regular big brother."
Minato patted Sasuke's head.
"I mean It's nothing."
Sasuke blushed a bit.
"Aww look at my baby blush."
Mikoto gushed as she playfully tugged on Sasuke's cheek.
"Moooom."
Sasuke groaned.
Minato looked upon the scene as he unconsciously started tearing up.
"Dada?"
Naruto looked up at his father, noticing the tear.
"Oh no Minato you okay!?"
Mikoto asked the man worryingly.
"Huh...oh I'm fine...just thinking of life that could've been....I can't keep being like this, I have to be strong for Naruto and the village."
"You're plenty strong already, no need to push yourself."
Mikoto explained.
Minato started eating his breakfast.
"Thanks but I need to get things sorted out anyways starting with my date from last night...I hope I didn't offend her with my whole... situation."
"She was fine with it, actually she wanted a second date."
Fugaku explained to Minato.
"Well... I'm afraid I may have to respectfully decline... I'm just not ready."
Fugaku nodded.
"That's fair we shouldn't have pushed you to do it."
"And in turn I'm gonna to try and be more proactive than I've been before starting with  the literal mountain of paperwork in my office... especially the chunin exams which will start  in half a year, so best get started now."
Minato exclaimed.
"Now that I think about it, this will be the first time other Genin from other villages will be participating. Things may be interesting this year...that means you'll be facing vastly different people with different jutsu's and abilities."
Itachi turned to his brother.
"Maybe Kakashi can help develop your sharingan, he uses it in ways some of us Uchiha never thought of."
Mikoto said to the boy.
"Speaking of Kakashi, how's it going with him being your sensei?"
Minato asked the child.
"It would be better if that brain dead loser wasn't on our team."
Sasuke said annoyed.
"Sasuke!That's no way to speak of your teammate, especially the honorable grandson."
Mikoto scolded her son.
"Honorable grandson....wait Konohamaru is your squadmate?"
Minato asked.
"Yeah and he's annoying we almost failed Kakashi sensei's bell test because of his stupid actions."
Sasuke explained to Minato, causing the hokage to laugh.
"He sounds like one of my old students...but be patient with him and try to work with him, it'll be better for your team."
Minato said to the boy.
"Fine, I guess."
Sasuke begrudgingly agreed.
Sometime later
Minato stood up from his chair.
"Alright Naruto and I better get going, I've got work to do..lots of it and thanks for having me in your home Uchiha family."
Minato bowed.
"Likewise and... don't stretch yourself too thin Minato"
Fugaku said as he extended his hand out.
"I won't."
Minato shook Fugaku's hand and left with his son.
"Is he gonna be okay?"
Mikoto asked her husband worryingly.
"I hope so, we wouldn't want him to overwork himself."
Meanwhile Minato with some kind of renewed vigor walked down the village streets with his new found determination.
"Dada go home?"
Naruto asked.
"Yes we are Naruto but first we're gonna make a pit stop to see someone first."