one

Clarysse Baratheon and her family left their home Castle, Storm's End, for a tournament in King's Landing a fortnight before it happened. She'd received a raven from the Princess Rhaenyra informing her of the tournament and had instantly warned her father, told him that she wished to leave as soon as possible to be by Queen Aemma's side before labour started.

Her wishes were listened to and the Baratheon household was off to King's Landing within three days of the Raven arriving.

Arriving in King's Landing was always something that Clarysse always adored doing, she adored knowing that she was to be reunited with her cousin, Rhaenyra and their closest friend, Lady Alicent Hightower.

They arrival at the Red Keep was greet by the King, the King's Hand and Alicent's father, Otto Hightower, and Alicent Hightower, alongside the Kingsguard.

Against protocol that everyone followed religiously, Clarysse Baratheon, jumped out of the carriage she'd been stuck in for an uncomfortable amount of hours. She threw open the door and leaped down from it before the steps were placed before her and reached for her longest friend.

Alicent, who'd been fidgeting next to her father, anxiously awaiting one of her best friends, caught her, wrapping her arms around the brown-haired Lady of Storm's End with an overwhelming sensation of relief that they were reunited once more.

Clarysse wrapped her arms around Alicent's middle and picked her up, gently spinning them while feeling Alicent hide her face in the crook of her neck.

"Gods be good Alice, I have not seen in in 5 moons and you've grown more beautiful than the Queen Regent of the Reach!" Clarysse claimed before setting the daughter of the Hand of the King down, gently pulling away, putting enough space between that she could hold the latter's hands "Tell me everything, and I do mean everything. Do not leave anything out."

It was safe to say that Clarysse missed Alicent and Kings Landing, more than she missed returning home to Storm's End, for her family hadn't gotten the same reaction from her that the young Hightower did.

The Hand of the King cleared his throat before his daughter could reply, silently reminding the two young girls that they were still in public and in the presence of his Majesty the King.

A bashful blush blew across Clarysse's face as she quickly threw herself into an extremely low curtsy in respect to the King, showing just how much she respected him with one of her knees touching the stone floor beneath her.

"Pardon me your Majesty, it is wonderful to see you again and in great health." Clarysse said with her head tilted to the ground as she held Alicent's hand. Alicent smiled at her best friend's words, watching as she stayed in her curtsy as the Baratheon's climbed down from their carriage.

Borros Baratheon descended the steps first, glancing as his sister's deep curtsy only to shake his head at her as he fell into a low kneel, their mother Aleia Tarth followed after her son, smiling at her children's respect for the king before falling into a respectful curtsy. Last but not least, Boremund Baratheon stepped out of the carriage and smiled politely at his niece's cousin, quickly following his children's example.

With a silent order to rise, the ruling family of Storm's End rose but still bowed their head to the King in respect.

"You've arrived early Lord Boremund." King Viserys commented, a small smile on his lips as he knew the reason behind it. His purple eyes turning to the young Lady in question that was smiling at the daughter of his Hand.

"There is a tournament happening your grace, and you know that I am not one to shy away from a good fight." Boremund claimed before extending his hand to his daughter, "Besides, my daughter wishes to be by your Queen's side when labour starts, like before."

Clarysse smiled brightly at the King, who returned her smile with one of his own. The King had always viewed her as a second daughter, much like his wife did.

"The young Lady Baratheon is always welcome in Kings Landing, there will be nothing that will stop that." Viserys told the present people, before turning his head to the young Lady in question and telling her personally "You may go and see the Queen, my dear. I believe you know where she will be."

Clarysse nodded vehimently before she and Alicent both curtsied for the King quickly. They then dashed inside the Keep, holding each other's hand's tightly in the other's, making their way to the Chambers where Queen Aemma would be settled in, surrounded by countless of physicians.

"I knew that you were coming sooner than the other Lords, but I am surprised at how early you arrived." Alicent chuckled, almost breathlessly, as they ascended the stairs.

"I've missed the Capital, it is far more entertaining than Storm's End, and far warmer as well." Clarysse commented, smiling sideways at her best friend before she stopped at the top of the stairs. "Besides you know that I cannot stay away from you and my cousin. Your company is more than valuable to me, it is essential to my life."

Alicent smiled at her best friend, a small blush appearing on her cheeks at the words that were spoken to her, at the soft and caring tone that Clarysse always had when she spoke to her. The way that Clarysse had placed her on a pedastal was something that she half wished her father did to her.