five

WARNING! 

WARNING! 

THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS, CHILDBIRTH, BLOOD AND DEATH, IF ANY OF THOSE SUBJECTS TRIGGER YOU, PLEASE SKIP THIS CHAPTER AS IT HAPPENS IN THE SHOW AND EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT PART OF THE EPISODE IT IS!

The day of the Heir's Tourney and the presumed day in which the Queen would birth the day arrived soon enough, and whilst everyone was attending the Tourney, Clarysse stood diligently by the Queen, much as she had in all previous pregnancies since meeting the Queen.

Her robes were those of midwives and her black hair had been pulled up into braids, when she'd been getting ready for the Tourney before hearing of the Queen's labours.

Clarysse walked with Aemma about the room, rubbed her back when the Queen doubled over in pain, aided her in breathing through her pain and lent her only comforting words. But nothing seemed to be helping the birth go smoothly.

Clarysse kneeled by the bed as Aemma was checked by the midwives, and looked horrified when she learned that the babe was breech.

"We must turn the babe, if it does not turn, both the babe and yourself will be in grave danger, you Grace." one of the Maesters ordered only to be met by fearful eyes.

Aemma clung to Clarysse as the midwives began their attempts, pushing and pulling on the Queen's extended stomach, making her scream in agony into Clarysse's chest. When they stopped to allow the Queen to catch her pained breath, Clarysse wasted no time in leaning forward, in the direction of Aemma's wet robe and telling the babe in Valyrian.

"You need to come out, it is your time to grace the world. Do not make your mother suffer..."

When the efforts changed from attempting to move the babe, a large piece of cloth was brought out. The plan was to have the Queen lay on the cloth as the midwives rolled the Queen about in an attempt to free the babe and force it to turn around in it's mother's womb.

Despite being but ten and five, Clarysse had learned the horrors of childbirth, and had heard the many great wonders as well, but nothing frightened her more than her mother figure being unable to push the babe out of her as it did in that moment.

As the Queen was turned and rolled about the cloth, Clarysse got on her knees by the bed and prayed, prayed to the Mother and the Maiden, clutching her seven-pointed star necklace pendant between her hand as she prayed fevershly that the Queen was able to push the babe out.