four

Alicent and Clarysse laid under the God's Tree, looking at the red leaves. Clarysse was playing with her nails, in the same manner that Alicent often did when she was nervous, which Clarysse was, in a way.

She was always nervous around Alicent, even when she didn't need to be, her heart was always thumping as violently as the waters around Storm's End crashed against the rocks that held up her Family castle.

"Has your Lord Father planned your Tour for Suitors yet?" Alicent questioned, being the first to break their silence, sounding so innocent and lovely as she turned her head to the side on the blanket beneath them, a pale blue and yellow blanket.

Clarysse turned her head to the side, to face Alicent, attempting to hide the fact that every time she looked at Alicent's sweet smile and gentle and caring eyes, her breath seemingly vanished from her lungs.

It took a few moments for her head to catch up with the moment, to stop admiring Alicent and her beauty, to ignore how Alicent looked like a Saint with her auburn hair sprawled on the blanket around her, her hazel-green eyes shining ever so greener as the sun beamed off of them.

"He-" Clarysse started, straining to focus for a moment, before furrowing her eyes and clearing her throat, as she looked back up to the red leaves of the GodsTree. "He has not, I told him not to plan anything until the babe was born as I wanted to be here to aid Aunt Aemma with the labours, and my father has always been helpless to my requests."

Alicent hummed slightly, keeping her eyes trained on Clarysse's profile, admiring it, drinking in the calming presence of the only other person in the Red Keep that she felt completely comfortable and safe in.

Most times, even with Rhaenyra in the Keep, Alicent would still often spend her time, when Rhaenyra was busy with the Small Council or flying Syrax, in the room that Clarysse usually stayed in, reading books or merely looking out the window, enjoying the scent of the calming perfume that Clarysse wore.

The same rosemary, raspberry and sea water scent that was soothing her own thundering heart. Alicent didn't know what it was that made her pay utter attention when Clarysse was around her, but she knew that it was Clarysse's fault.

"Yours?"

The way the questioned returned to Alicent made her blink slowly, as if she'd been slapped, the way they were speaking so casually of Tours for Suitors as if it was something that they would have for dinner, when in reality, they were asking if their fathers had arranged for them to be paraded like pigs in a market.