three

During the few weeks leading up to the actual Tournament for the Heir, Clarysse split her precious time between Queen Aemma in the birthing chambers, Lady Alicent and Princess Rhaenyra under the Gods Tree, and her mother, Lady Aleia Tarth in whatever location she was in.

Not that she complained, she adored the people she spent her time with and there was nothing that could change her mind about splitting her time between them.

Despite sharing her time with the people she loved the most, Clarysse spent most of that time with the Queen, attending to her while everyone else was focused on the babe. It was Clarysse who shooed the attendants away from the Queen so she could sleep for a while, rest for as long as she could in the delicate state she was in.

It was Clarysse, who would run around the Keep collecting things that the Queen might need before she even set foot in the birthing chambers.

It was Clarysse, who like in every other birth prior, mothered the Queen as if she was her own child.

And the King and the Princess were deeply thankful for it.

"Do you know where Rhaenyra is?" The Queen questioned shortly after sitting on the lounge, waving a small fan to her face. She'd just recently risen from a short slumber, the previously near empty room was now filled once more.

Clarysse, who was making sure that he Queen was comfortable, glanced at her with a snicker on her face. A low dissproving grunt escaped Aemma Arryn, and her gentle blue eyes rolling at her daughter's lack of concern for her mother's worries.

"You needn't worry Aunt Aemma, Alicent is waiting for her. She'll bring her back well enough." Clarysse soothed, picking up the goblet of cool water to give to the tired Queen.

"You and Rhaenyra have a lot of faith in Alicent, and you more than my daughter hold a lot of care for her." Aemma told the girl she considered her second child with an almost knowing glance in her eyes. A small blush grew on Clarysse's cheeks and the young Baratheon could only look away, casting her eyes out the window.

"Clary, dear." Aemma called softly, her voice low so that the attendants in the room didn't hear them. When Clarysse didn't respond or react, Aemma could only reach for her chin and gently tug it in her direction, showing her a shameful expression on her second daughter's features.

Aemma knew the reason behind the shameful expression, and her heart ached because of it.

"Oh my dear." Aemma could help but coo, watching as tears began to brim her eyes. The Queen wanted to hug her second daughter, but because of her large and swollen stomach she wasn't able to, so she could only stroke the young Baratheon's cheek. "There's nothing to be afraid of."