Second day at hexside -Updated-

I woke up today at 7:00AM. Today is my second day of Hexside. I sit up in bed and of course Eberwolf is sleeping in here, no matter how many times I tell him no.

I get out of bed and go to my closet. I put on my uniform and brush my teeth. I stare in the mirror at my scars. Everything was fine yesterday, no one laughed or made fun of them, so today will be fine.

I almost jump out of my skin when I hear a knock on my door. "Hunter, if you don't eat these eggs, I'll feed them to Eberwolf." Darius said from outside the door. He hates being late. "I'll be there in a second!" I said back. I slid my gloves on and slung my satchel over my shoulder.

Me and Eberwolf raced down the steps, He won like always, one day i'll outrun him. I sat at the table and ate the griffin eggs pretty quickly. "Hunter, slow down. You'll make your stomach hurt" Darius chuckled "Im sorry, I'm just so excited for my second day!" I smiled.

"I know. Have fun by the way. Me and Eber wolf have things to do. But Eda said something about a palistrom tree growing on the titans knee" My eyes widened "Really!? Great! It's the time of year they start dropping seeds!" "Well if you go try not to get filthy- And if you track in mud-" I cut him off "Make sure to mop it up." He smiled.

"I'll see you after school" "Bye!" I called out as he and Eberwolf left the house. I finished my eggs and set my plate in the sink. It's time I get going now. I left the house and walked the dirt path. The way to school would be much faster with flapjack here, I miss that little bird. When Darius and I were at the castle getting my stuff I found a few red feathers.

Right now they're just sitting in a box on my desk. I haven't figured out what I want to do with them yet. Maybe make a necklace? Or- I'm out of ideas.

Ill figure it out but that's a problem for another day. I'm here! Hexide ahh the other teens walking around, talking, texting... Not what I'm used to, that's for sure. Most people know who I am- Who I was, It gets me dirty looks from people. Eda told me to 'give em the finger' Whatever that means.

I make my way up the steps then someone puts their hands on my shoulders. I quickly swing them off. They landed on the dirt below the steps laughing. I turned around and it was Gus!! "Gus! Oh my titan! I'm so sorry!" I ran to his aid. A lot of people are staring now.

"Hey Hunter, it's okay! I forget you were specifically trained in combat." He chuckled. I helped him up and walked with him up the stairs. "Im sorry again"

"It's my fault, So don't be sorry" Gus chuckled. "I came to tell you, flyerderby practice is tomorrow" "Did we finally get an actual schedule?" I ask "uhhh I think Willows working on it" he smiled.

"Yeah alright. I'm sure she'll get it soon" I say. All of a sudden the bells ring. "Okay see you later Hunter!" He waved "Byeeee"

I walk into my class and take the same seat I took the previous day. There was an empty chair next to me. I guess they were short on students or something. The teacher walked in front of the class and began teaching but was interrupted by another student walking in. By the facial expression he could tell it was a blight.

"Mr. Blight, thank you for coming today" the teacher half rolled her eyes. "Yeah sorry about that, I got busy." The green boy said.

—----------------------------Ed's pov—-----------------------------------------------------------

I woke up to my alarm blaring in my ear. I tried to press the button from my bed but missed each time so I punched it off my nightstand. It fell on the floor and broke. I groaned and climbed out of bed. I already missed yesterday. I can't miss again.

I went to the bathroom and put on my uniform, brushed my teeth, and grabbed my gem. I really don't have to do much to get ready. I don't know why I hate it so much. I sat at the foot of the bed and slipped on my boots then grabbed my backpack.

I walked fast down the stairs and of course no one was home. Dads gone, Amity, Emira. They're all gone. Mom and Dad got a divorce, and Dad spends a lot more time with us but during the day he's hanging out with Eda and the other adults. Amity and Emira have been gone most of the time. They both have girlfriends so they forget all about me.

It doesn't matter though, I'm used to being alone so this is nothing new to me. Hexside is like a five minute walk from our house. I got there late of course. I walked through the empty hallways to potions class. Once I entered the room went quiet and the teacher stared at me.

"Mr. Blight, thank you for coming today" the teacher half rolled her eyes. "Yeah sorry about that, I got busy." I say. "Take a seat next to Hunter." She pointed to a blonde boy with scars on his face. I remember him- he's the golden guard. He has more scars than the last time I saw him in the healing homeroom.

I walked over and slumped down in the chair next to him. He seemed to actually like this class. He took notes throughout the class period and you could tell he was interested.

"Alright class" The teacher announced. "You will be given partners and will have a potion project to work on. The person sitting next to you will be your partner." Hunter looked at me then back at the teacher. "You must go to the library and read a potion book, the you must find a potion you want to do and you must make it and explain the purpose of it"

Sounds easy enough. "When do you want to work on this?" He asked. "Uh- I guess whenever it is fine" He sighed. The bell rang and it was time for lunch. who knew class could go by that fast.

—-------------------Hunters pov—--------------------------------------------------------------

I have to work with Edric!? I'm pretty sure he fails most of his classes. This year he was held back. He was supposed to go on to his last year but now he has to repeat this year.

I'd be better off working on this alone. I'll figure it out. I join Gus willow and the rest of the flyer derby team at a round table. "Hunter there you are!" Skara says. "Who flys better, me or Gus?" She said, "Uhm-" That's hard to answer. Gus flies really well and so does she, but Gus is also my best friend-.

Whichever one I pick I'd make the other sad. "Well-" "Hunter, wanna go talk about what we will do for the project." Oh thank titan- I never thought i'd be so happy to see that Blight. "Sure let's go" I got up quickly. "I'll meet up with you guys later, Byeeeee" I wave. "Cya Hunter" They say.

Now let's get this over with.