Sick

Meowbahh woke up the next morning feeling very sick.

She complains loudly as you make breakfast. You set down a mug of tea in front of her. "Meowbahh. Drink."

"Meow doesn't want toooo..." Meow says, burying her face in her pillow.

She rolls around on the sofa, making sure to tell you how horrible she felt. "Meow has a sore throat...meow feels chilly...."

Sipping your own beverage of choice, you sit down next to her. She quickly approaches you, hugging you around the waist. "Meow feels soooo bad.."

"Meow has a cold," you reply. "And Meow needs to pipe down and rest." 

You hand her the tea. She drinks it, making sure to cast you a contemptuous look. "It's hot."

"Doesn't it make you feel better?"

She doesn't answer.

You spend most of the day with her, and she doesn't leave your side once. The rain dies down, and as the sun sets again you sit with Meowbahh where you started the day - on the sofa.

"Want to watch a movie?"

No answer.

"Meowbahh....?"

You hand her the controller, she starts choosing, and you sit back.

You had spent many days before like this. Sitting on the sofa, watching TV, at sunrise or sunset or on a lazy afternoon, no words said for all you needed was to be with each other. All you needed was to be with Meowbahh.

They say humans tamed animals...the best you can say is that Meowbahh tamed you. 

She is undoubtedly a strange creature, but strange things always attract the curious - and you're quite the curious person.