Illusions

Thoughts that drift through head in day reappear as dreams in night, a thousand leaves shimmering with memory and following the errant winds.

A breeze, of murmured ponderings, and on some nights they manifest into dreams.

Dream after dream, night after night, almost like another life that emerges when you sleep.

On one such night, perhaps in your dream you met a girl, a petite and endearingly annoying girl, a silly and almost feline girl.

Perhaps in your dreams you fell in love with this girl made of other worlds.

Perhaps, but only in the clouds of your slumber, you berated her, and cared for her, protected her, and comforted her. 

Perhaps, but only shielded by the darkness behind your closed eyelids, she bothered you, and brought gifts to you, lay with you, and was beloved of you.

And in this world that emerged in your nighttime quiescent musings, all was well, you and the girl of magic, until your illusion drifted away to make room for breaking dawn.

In a month, or a year, after many many dawns, such dreams were all but forgotten. But perhaps one night, when your eyes drift shut and your thoughts drift away, you return to a familiar place.

Perhaps a girl greets you, a perfect girl created within your heart, welcomed you into a nostalgic scene -

"Welcome home."