Chapter 8

Alice's POV
Conner has been driving for almost 45 minutes, he's taking me out to no mans land.

"Where are we going?" I ask getting impatient.
He looks at me then back to the road. "I promise your going to have fun, but I can't tell you. It's a surprise." He smirks to himself.

I stare at his profile. I can't help it.

"Your fun is supposed to start when we get there, but have fun staring at me." He smirks.

I blush. It wasn't as if I was trying to hide the fact that I was staring, but does he have to be so conceited? I guess if I was that good looking I'd be conceited too.

I reach for the radio and turn to 96.5. 3oh3 comes on and I blare the radio. He starts to sing along and nod his head.

We both start full on singing, head nodding, and dancing to the music. Laughter is in the air as we both sing to the music...terribly if I might add.

"We're here." he yells over the radio, slowing down and turning off the car.

We've arrived at a cliff...but I can hear the water below. What the hell. He's going to kill me and throw me over.

He starts to randomly chuckle.

"Get out the car. I told you before I wasn't a killer or kidnapper. We're going to have fun."

He puts his hand over mine and rubs my knuckles.

"C'mon." he urges gently.

I pull my hand from his and step from the car. A sudden wave a nausea hits me like a brick. I start shaking. I can't do this. I can't cliff dive.

"What wrong?" He asks.

"Heights." is all I can force out.

"I'll be right here with you. " He grabs my hands, standing in front of me blocking the sun from my face. "I promise."

How can he promise such things that are uncontrollable? The current may suddenly get to strong. or I could hit a rock. How many people has he promised safety that he can't provide?

"When your no where to be seen or heard of, where do you go?"

"Pardon?"

"When your no where to be seen or heard of where do you go?" I repeat louder.

He drops my hands and runs a hand through his hair. His jaw clenched and unclenches. He smacks both hands against the sides of his legs.

"Why? Your not my girlfriend. What I do doesn't concern you. " he snaps.

He starts to clench and unclench his fists.

He probably goes out to be with other girls. I remember the redness of his lips when I first met him at my house. And I remember the small red smudge the day he took me out for that drive. But he's right, I'm not his girlfriend and what he does... it's not my right to know.

"Your right. It's really none of my business."

"Its alright...lets just go down the the beach then."

I nod and get back into the car. The car starts up and music blares from the radio scaring me half to death. Conner chuckles at me and turns it down.

"Did you forget that the music was on sweet heart?" He drives steadily.

"Did you forget that the music was on sweet heart." I repeat in a mocking tone. He goes into hysterics with laughter as we pull into the beach lot. There's barely anyone here. He gets out the car and opens my door. He takes my hand and I kick off my chucks and place them into the car. I start to take off my shirt.

"Strip for me sweet heart."

I start to pull it back down. He just made me so self conscious. He's watching me like a hawk.

"Nope. Not going to do it. I'm swimming like this. "

He fake pouts and it's so adorable.
"Why not?"

"Because you've made it all awkward." I blush.

"I'd strip for you if you asked." He takes a step closer.

"But I wouldn't ever ask you to do such a thing." he tilts his head. "...In a public place." Where did that come from. Woah, did I just say that out loud, to him.

"I'll turn around." He says doing so in the process.

I take off my top and my shorts, revealing my bikini.

"Done."

He turns around and his lips press into a thin line. Is my body that gross... now I really feel self conscious. I actually thought I had a really nice figure. But I suppose he doesn't think so. I try to hide my stomach by crossing my arms over it.

"C'mon." He holds out his hand.

Instead of taking his hand, I practically run past him to get into the water.

The water comes up to the base of my throat. It's very relaxing. I close my eyes, kick my feet up, and surrender to the water.

"Don't do that." Conners voice sounds so weird with all the water in my ears.

He grabs my ankle gently and pulls me through the water. He releases me and I open my eyes to see him staring down at me with soft eyes.

"You don't know how far you could drift out...im 6'3" and where you just were, the water came up to my chin."

I put my feet down and feel for the ground. I have to stand on the tips of my toes to keep my head above water. Conner raises his eye brows at me in a I-told-you-so expression.

"I can swim." I say exasperated, lifting my hands and splashing them in the water.

It gets into his eyes and he splashes me gently with water.

"You don't want to start this." I say shaking my head.

He splashes me more forcefully. I splash him hard and I don't stop. He started it, and now we're lost in a splash war.

I drag my self from the water and lay flat on the sand with my feet towards the water and my hands spread out beside me. The water rises on the sand and washes up to my waist.

Conner comes and stands in front of me, blocking my view of the setting sun. Water is glistening off his hair and his body. He's so beautiful it's unreal.

"Are you even real?" I ask

"What do you mean. Of course I'm real."

"No your not. your way to hot to be real."

He doesn't smirk at me like I'd thought he would. His eyes take over my body and he sets him mouth into a thin line again. Well there he goes ruining the moment...and my confidence...

-------------
Authors note.

The reason why I keep putting Alice's POV at the top is because I plan to have Conner's POV in the story some too.

But how are you guys? 😊