Chapter 15

Conner's POV
Now that she's mentioned it, I can't help but notice how much more energized I feel. The days have been rough but if you sit in shit long enough it stops smelling. I couldn't even tell how exhausted I was because that's become my normal state of being. I feel...good. Cherry on top, I got to kiss Alice. My body warms at just the thought. Soft and subtle, her lips... I think I'll do it again more often.

The shower water cascades down my body and I can't get the image of the after kiss shock in Alice's face out of my mind. It's strange because I'm that moment, it was quick, but I knew that she made me feel more alive than I already am. My lifestyle was chosen out of bad circumstances, and I don't condone it in the slightest, but i balance between exhausted and exhilarated...and she makes me feel so much more.

I wonder if it's even fathomable, that she might feel the same in even the slightest.

                                           ...

I put on my grey fitted v neck shirt. It stretches slightly across my chest muscles. She'll appreciate this shirt, I'm sure. I grab my light grey joggers and my black chucks. Hmm, I pull the shirt back over my head and toss it on the floor. I think she'll appreciate no shirt more.

I spray on cologne, grab a wad of money, pack a small bad of of a few night clothes and my tooth brush and rush out the door. I drop the bag off in my aunts car and rush over cross the street. Excitement building up in my chest. Back to my Alice I go. I turn the nob and let myself in, rounding the corner and skipping the stairs two at a time.

I quickly slow to a stop, a goofy grin on my face as I stand outside her door. I knock twice gently, waiting on any objectification, before cracking the door and peeking inside. She's sitting on the floor cross legged with her eyes closed and her hands in her lap, in meditation.

Her lashes lay fawned across her rosy cheeks, and her blonde hair is pulled back into a pony tail with a few strands that are out here and there. She looks almost, angelic like.

I don't know if I should join her or if I should kiss her. But what I wanna do is kiss her...so I shall.

I creep forward and frog crouch down in front of her, leaning forward, and gently pressing my lips to hers in a chaste peck. She doesn't move or smirk. She's like a statue. I sit back off the balls of my feet and onto my bottom, folding me legs into a slightly uncomfortable cross legged position as she is. Studying her face for a moment, her face is the last thing I see as I level my own breathing and close my eyes to slip into my own deep breathing practice.

Accept, currently all I'm thinking about is kissing her lips again, just as I was the first time we lay on the ground and deep breathe. The torture never stops.... I peak through a slightly cracked eye lid. Maybe she's not affected by the kiss like I am. The thought is painful. Curiosity bests me, I lean forward and kiss her lips again. This time a small smile spreads, I can feel it against my lips.

"How am I supposed to meditate with a distraction like this." She whispers against my lips, breaking the kiss and opening her eyes. She leans in and kisses me. My lips move against in a growing hunger. Her arms around my neck, she begins to lean into the kiss more, pushing me back. Becoming more fervent, she makes the next move, shocking me, and pushes me back completely. My back now on her floor, her hips now astride my waist, her hands on my bare chest, and her lips moving like it will be our last kiss. Good Lord. Careful not to get ahead of my self, I slowly place my hands against her hips. Feeling the gentle curve of her body as we seemingly meld into one. I need to get a grip. I've been much more intimate with other women, but this...this is electric.