Chapter 16

Alice's POV
...I've never felt this way before...Conner makes...me so ...happy. We're always laughing and having a great time, and... He just told me that he sells drugs...What a joker he is! He's probably joking right now. That smile he's flashing me is telling every bone in my body to trust him. He has such pretty eyes. Such honest, sincere, and kind eyes. So much so that even if he is selling drugs...I don't think I care. I assume it's out of necessity.

"C'mon." He says snapping me from my thoughts. "let's get into the hotel room so that we can go have some fun." Just like that...all speculation and doubt is gone.

I nod my head and pull his hand towards the elevators.  Crappy music starts to play before we even press a button. Checking the key card, floor 20, I press the button and watch the doors slowly slide closed."Thank you." I tell Conner, shuffling closer to him so that we are should've to shoulder. "For what?" His brown eyes bore into mine. "For taking me here. You didn't have to...But you did, when we could have gone to a regular park." He gives my hand a small squeeze.

The doors slide open.

"You deserve it though. Your the most wonderful." He kisses my temple, drops my hand to get his key.

What an escalation and I don't mean the elevator. I recall before even wondering if he still wanted to hang out with me. And now here we are kissing and now at a hotel.

"Hurry up sweet heart." He calls.

I snap out of my daze, wave my hand in front of the now closing elevator door, and run down the surprisingly short hall to catch up with him. I hadn't even noticed that I wasn't walking.

"You okay." He asks me taking my hand.

"Yea I'm fine."

We come the last door, if not the only door, of the hall. One room on this top floor, parallel to the elevator. Unlocking the door, he let's me go in first. Absolutely breath taking. First thing I notice is the window. It gives us a clear view over the entire park, and right behind is the lake, so there's a partial water view as well. The bed is huge. Being king sized and creme colored, with red accents and pillows to match the creme colored carpet. And the space...this one top floor room may very well be larger than my house combined. It's basically a penthouse apartment. So spacious in here it almost feels empty. The large screen wall hung TV and side bed tables are a good touch. My heart is full. I turn to him with tears I my eyes.

"This is incredible. Thank you Conner." I place my hand on his chest.

"This isn't even it all of it. Around the corner are two more bedrooms and a bathroom." He pecks my forehead. "I told you. You deserve this and so much more."

He wraps his arm around my waist, making me drop my door keys at the front. Arms around his neck, he lifts me and I wrap my legs around him as our lips lock. Theres so much emotion in our kiss it's unreal. Emotion, that I'm not even sure what it is. But it's strong, really strong. He break the kiss and moves to my neck then back up to my lips.

"Conner." I whisper agains his lips.

"Hmm." He murmurs.

"The door is still open." I whisper.

"Sweet heart we have the whole floor to ourselves." He spins me around in a circle, eliciting a slew of giggles, and flying hair strands.  I squeal in delight, hugging my legs tighter to his body. He kicks the door closed with his foot and carries my to the bed. Hair flying all around my face as he drops me on to the soft mattress. Can't help it...I feel so alive, he makes me feel alive. Happy, like I've never been before.

"Your laugh, I love it." he says moving the hair from my eyes and kissing my forehead.

Before I can speak, his lips are on mine again stealing my breath away and making my heart race. The feeling is unmatched to any equal. He breaks first and stands up in front of me.