Chapter 2

Phayu entered the condo that he and Rain shared and flopped down on the couch. He felt zapped suddenly, and couldn't keep his eyes open. Feeling Rain's hands gently guide his head onto his lap, he let his boyfriend gently stroke his hair. His mind wondered back to the tiny baby at the hospital with no parents, clinging onto life. He could still feel the warmth of her fingers as they wrapped themselves around his own, as if she was begging him to save her. 

He gingerly opened his eyes to see a smiling Rain looking down at him. Grabbing his hand, he gently kissed it, and placed it against his cheek, feeling its warmth and safety. He then pulled Rain down toward him, making their lips connect. Phayu felt Rain's lips part to reciprocate the kiss, deepening it in response. It was always a comfort to have him here at the end of the day. 

"I love you." Phayu whispered. 

"I love you, too." Rain whispered back. "And I know what you're thinking..."

Phayu's eyebrows shot up. "You do? That would be a first!"

"Shut up!" Rain hit him with a pillow, making him fall off the couch. Both of them were laughing now and Phayu grabbed another pillow, which began a playful war in their living room.

Thirty minutes later, they lay down on the couch watching feathers fly around them. The pillow fight had led to a heavy make-out session on the couch. Phayu could still feel the sting of Rain's bite on his bottom lip, reminding him of the first time they had really kissed; a kiss that Rain had initiated. 

Rain knew that Phayu had something on his mind that he wasn't saying. It had been three years since they started dating, and now that they were living together, he had made it his mission to learn what every facial expression meant when Phayu didn't want to talk. He laced their fingers together and lay on Phayu's strong chest, listening to his heartbeat, and fell asleep to the rise and fall of his breathing.