Chapter Twenty

Advay's mind was formulating various schemes as he strode into his bedroom. He absently locked the door and moved to discard his clothes. Tying a towel around his waist, he went to put his clothes away in the laundry basket.

So preoccupied was he with his thoughts that initially he failed to notice his wife who had stepped out of the bathroom in nothing but her undergarments.
He stood motionless when his gaze landed on her. Seconds seemed like minutes.

She seemed to be distracted too as she was searching for something. Once the item was found, she was focussed on balancing her body on her uninjured leg and applying the antiseptic cream on her wound at her waist at the same time.

All thought left his mind as his eyes were glued to her bare back. He had to agree that his wife was the most beautiful creature he had ever set eyes upon. Her smooth, milky skin and subtle beauty coupled with her fiery attitude, raised his adrenalin every time. His fingers itched to touch her delicate form to experience pure bliss.

As his eyes ran along her back, appreciating the miles of silky skin exposed to his view, it once again caught the scar that ran along her spine.

A multitude of emotions churned his senses all at once with curiosity emerging the final winner. What could have happened? Was it possible that his wife was indeed kidnapped and this was the result of it?

He was jerked from his musings at her yelp and his feet seemed to have a mind of its own as he hurried to settle behind her noiselessly. His fingers trembled ever so slightly as they landed on either side of her hips.

---------‐-------------

Chandini stepped out of the shower and dried herself, a frown etched on her forehead. Dressed in undergarments, she hobbled to exit the bathroom. Keen on locating her ointment and clothes, she did not see her half naked husband who was shocked into silence at her presence in the room.

She sighed in relief when she spotted her ointment. She picked it up and hissed in pain when she twisted her waist a little in the process of applying the medication.

Realising that it was a difficult task to apply it while standing, she moved to sit on the bed when suddenly a pair of hands settled on her waist.

Startled and scared, her first instinct was to shove the person and get away from him. In her attempt to escape, she stumbled forward and the same set of hands braced her fall.

She twisted her neck to check who it was and felt a rush of relief to note that it was Advay and not some stranger. A few moments passed in silence, her thumping heart calming down a little in the knowledge that she was completely safe. When did having her husband at close quarters become comfortable and safe? When did that change happen? She wondered.

And just as quickly, her heartbeat sped up again when she felt Advay's breath against the nape of her neck. With one hand holding her waist gently to keep her steady, she felt the digits of her husband's other hand trace her old scar tenderly.

With her thinking impaired, she could only stay mute as she felt his unsteady fingers run gently over it. She closed her eyes only to open them a few seconds later when she heard her husband whisper "How?" in her ear.

Her mind acknowledged the question- which came a second time- with a few questions of its own, "Should I tell him? Reveal the most dreadful details of my abduction? Will he believe it? Or just dismiss them and humiliate her as he did in the past?" With these doubts running in her mind, she could not formulate a reply immediately.

----‐--‐-----------------
Advay bent his head as he traced her gash with trembling fingers. She had scars and blemishes on her upper back and shoulders which proved that she suffered injuries in the past. His Chandu!, the Dev in him screamed. The query “How?” was dragged out of his throat in a whisper, having no power over his emotions.