Chapter 6

Wanda POV(1 month later)

I sat down on a bench in the locker with the other girls, I took off my Pointe Shoes and sat then on the ground as I started rubbing my bright pink feet.

'This entire week I only felt numb not wanting to do anything and cry my heart out but as an assassin showing emotions in front of your superiors is a sign of weakness, which then your Superior will try to get rid of or exploit that weakness.' I think as I stop rubbing my feet and stood up.

I then pick up my pointed shoes and went to my locker putting them inside.

"Wanda Madame B wants you to get ready so she can assign to you your mission" a woman's voice said as I closed my locker and looked towards where the voice was coming from.

"Understood", the woman nodded as she then left the room. I walked towards the door and exited the room.

3 hours later

I found myself on a random room in Manhattan just looking down at the people below. I saw a couple looking so happy and in love.

'I wish that it was me and James had met when we weren't working for Hydra, so we can have a peaceful life' I think as a tear rolled down my cheek.

I longed to see his smile again, his hug's, his hand holding mine and most importantly how he made me feel. How I can let my guard down around him and feel safe and calm around him.

I felt tears streamed down my face, I then quickly wiped them away.

'You have to suck it up. You have to be strong and not break down again.'

One month earlier

I landed on the roof I was on before we went on the helicarrier. I then staggering as the rain poured down on me, tears streaming down my face.

'This can't be happening.. Please make this be a nightmare that I can wake up and everything will be fine James will be fine and with me. This must be a dream. I'll just wake up and everything will be fine. Everything will be fine. I'm fine. Everything is fine. Everything will be the same when I wake up.' I think as I push the button on the side of my mask making it fall to the ground.

"I'm fine. I'm... fine. Everything will be okay. I'm okay. He will be back, he's just sleeping right? I'll be able to see him smile again and we can be together for the rest of our lives. Please let this be a dream", my voice cracks as I said that and I tried to say anything that would reassure me that he was still alive but deep down I knew he was gone.

I look down to see James' dead body laying on the ground and a bullet hole through his head. I was overwhelmed with grief and sadness.

It felt like I'm drowning in the sea and I couldn't get out, it's like I'm dying over and over again.

I felt my power build up inside of me begging to be released, I then drop to my knees.

"AHHHHHHH?!" I screamed as my power flowed out of me.

"PLEASE COME BACK TO ME", tears stream down my face as the rain continues.

"Please... I need you", I pulled James close to me hugging his dead body tightly, I sob until my head hurts and this was the most emotion I have ever expressed in years until I spotted something shiny in his pocket.

The rain poured on me, I then grab the shiny object as more tears began to roll down my face.

A sad smile appear on my face as I stared at the engagement ring in my hand, I then put the ring on my ring finger.