Chapter 9

Wanda POV

I walk into the room seeing Pietro sitting up on his hospital bed, eating.

He looked towards my direction with a small smile on his face, and one of the guards closed the door behind me.

"Well hello stranger, what's up with the new haircut?" He ask, glancing at my hair.

"What? This?", I grab the end of my curly shoulder length bob.

"I thought I would change it up a little bit", I approached him, letting go of my hair.

"Who are you and what have you done with my sister?" He ask, I giggled as I sat down in the chair next to the bed.

"But in all seriousness you look good"

"Thank you. Thank you. I'll be here all night so you can admire my beauty"

We both laughed and this time in a long time it was genuine. It felt like we were kids again and I don't have to keep my guard up all the time.

"Happy birthday Pietro", I regained my composure as I pulled a picture out of my back pocket.

"So I went on this mission a while ago, it was near where we used to live and I got this from an elderly couple that live where we used to live. I think you will like it", I handed him the picture.

He glanced down at the folded picture then back at me, completely shocked. I smiled nervously as he looked back down at the picture and unfold it.

He just stared at the picture for a moment until he look up from the picture with tears in his eyes.

"Are you okay, Pietro?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows slightly, biting down on my bottom lip.

"Y-yeah" He sniffled, I stood up and sat down on the bed right across from him.

"It's just... this is the only fun memory we had together and it's ironic that this is the day before we got taken by Hydra" He said, wiping the tears from his eyes.

"I can't believe we're already 20. " He sighs.

"Thank you, Wanda. Also happy birthday but I didn't get anything from you"He said, glancing down at the photo once more.

"Pietro... Don't worry about it"

"A-are you sure-" he said but I cut him off.

"It's fine I promise"

"No you aren't, Wanda. It's okay not to be okay" He said, hesitantly.

"Pietro", I sigh.

"I know you don't like talking about your emotions, but it isn't healthy to bottle all of your emotions up" He continued.

I rubbed my face, making my annoyance obvious as clear as day.

"And I know that's not what you want to hear-"

"Pietro! We're done talking about it" I raise my voice at him as I remove my hand from my face abruptly, to look at him.

There was this uncomfortable silence hanging over us until I decided to speak up.

"I'm... Sorry Pietro. It's just that you're my top priority and I don't need you to worry about me"

I sigh, constipating what to say next as I then feel a hand on my shoulder, I look up to meet Pietro's eyes.

"I can't NOT be worried about you"

"Well I would like you to try" he looked at me with disbelief.

"No, Wanda. You're not turning this around on me. Ever since James died you have been pushing me away!" He said as I abruptly stood.