⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎get a load of this trainwreck⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆ ☁︎

Tw|| slurs, mentions of self harm||

We run through the house and try to gather the shit we need for school, running into each other a couple of times. We finally finish packing our bags and doing our bathroom stuff (obviously he wouldn't have used anyone's toothbrush, I found a packet of spares in the cabinet below the sink) and we quickly went and put on our shoes, me putting on my converse and him putting on his black vans.

"Hey, we're matching!" I laugh and motion toward our shoes. He laughs along and I just smile at him, internally screaming. I check the time again and realize that we would have missed the bus. "Fuck", I groan and put my head on Tommy's shoulder. "What's up?" He asks, running his fingers through my hair gently. "We've missed the bloody bus" I groan again and he sighs.

"I've got an idea" he smiles down at me and grabs my hand, pulling me up and outside with our bags. He scavenges around the items in my garage and pulls out 2 skateboards. "How bout we test what I've learned?" He asks and looks at me with puppy eyes. "Alright fine, if you die I'm taking your setup" I laugh and he smiles at me.

we jump on our boards and start on our way to school. I lean to my right to get close enough to Tommy and grab his hand. I look over and see him looking back at me, smiling. he makes me want to scream but I know I cant. all I can do is smile and his cheeks start going a bit pink as he looks back to the road ahead. god damn.

We finally arrive at school and walk inside, forgetting that we're holding hands and getting lots of looks and i get things thrown at me as usual. Tommy looks from me to the kids who threw the shit, lets go of my hand and walks over to the dude in the middle. "So. Are we going to have a problem? I don't think i want to have a suspension on my second day of school so why don't you leave my friend alone and stop bullying him for no reason, ok? Ok" he smiles and walks back towards me, grabbing my hand again.

We start walking away again and the dude who Tommy spoke to cane up behind us and grabbed tommy by the back if his arm, turning him 'round. "Oi, you think I'm gonna stop bullying this little fag just because his little gay friend poorly threatened me?" The guy asked, menacingly. "What the fuck did you just say about my friend?" Tommy asks in an intense tone. Its honestly kinda scary hearing him speak like that.

I tug on his hand and as he looks at me, i give him a scared look. He gives me a 'I'm sorry for what happens next' look and turns back to the asshole in front of us. "Yeah, i called him a fag, he's also a slut, he's dated almost half the kids in our year level and a couple of the kids in the year above us" he smirks and i just look at the ground in embarrassment. "So fucking what if he's dated people, it shouldn't fucking matter to you dipshit! No one goes around jokin' 'bout your love life! So leave August alone ya bitch" tommy grunts and pulls me down the hall.

It takes a sec before the guy comes back up to us, turns tommy around and punches him in the face. I let out a small shriek and hold Tommy up while he processes what just happened. I see that his lip and nose are bleeding and i quickly wipe it off  with my sleeve. Thank fuck for having black sleeves. When Tommy finally snaps back into reality, he looks down at me, back up at the guy and punches him in the crotch, making the guy wince and fall down.

"Get fucked, ya homophobic bitch" he growls and grabs my arm to walk away. He has a strong grip, making me somewhat wince at the pressure on my healing scars. "Thank you Tommy, I've never had someone stand up for me like that" i mumble, not knowing what to say. "Anything for you, Augie" he smiles and squeezes my hand.