[1] - Dumb Ways to Die

You died.

Not from a non-curable life threatening illness, not from an overdose, not even from getting hit by a truck.

Instead, you died by falling off your apartment's balcony after having one too many drinks. But it wasn't like you somehow fell over the high safety railing.

No, as wild as it sounded, the balcony's railing managed to fall off on its own. The only thing you did was lean against it, pressing your palm to your cheek and resting your elbow on it, admiring the stars in the night sky. Next thing you know, you're facepalming on the cold concrete floor.

It was a rusty, old, creaky railing, and you remembered your landlord once warning you not to get too close to it, just in case something happened. A drunk you completely forgot about those words, and before you could catch your balance, you ended up falling from your seven story apartment. Your last memory was of your face going splat on the concrete floor. And your corpse probably getting pissed on by a stray cat.

Ouch.

Definitely one of the dumbest ways to die in your opinion. Maybe you were included in the Guinness World records now! Not that you would be able to check, since you were dead. Dead as hell.

After your demise, you thought the gods above would finally give you a little rest.

Nope.

Not even when you were dead.

Your first sight after your pried open your eyes was of a white ceiling. Okay, good so far. You were betting that you were in a hospital right about now. How you survived a fall from a seven-story apartment? One of the top ten questions scientists couldn't answer.

The room you were currently in was large, like gigantic, humongous even. Whoever owned this place seriously had money. Your whole apartment could've been squeezed into this one bedroom, hell, this room probably costed 10x than your entire apartment complex.

You observed floral wallpaper, a vintage-looking vanity, and a large window with slightly translucent curtains draped over it — preventing sunlight from sweeping in and enveloping the room. Despite being fancy, the owner of this place was clearly minimalistic.

You turned to the other side... only to be jump scared by a shirtless man, who seemed as if he just chugged ten cappuccinos from how awake he looked.

Blond hair, purple irises, and bronze skin; you found yourself admiring and envious of how long his lashes were. The corner of his lips curved up, and he gave you a dazzling smile. You were almost inclined to return the smile back.

Until you realized, hospitals only had one patient per bed. And besides, they would never have a room as fancy or large as this one. There just wasn't enough tax money for that.

This wasn't a hospital.

Where the hell were you?

You immediately sat up, clutching the blanket closer to you to hide your... bare chest? You immediately glanced down. Aw hell naw. Why the fuck were you naked? You felt violated, and you automatically assumed the culprit for this was the man next to you.

"Who the fuck are you? Why are we sleeping on the same bed? Aren't I supposed to be dead?" your eyes trailed down to his equally bare chest. Then you quickly pointed at ourself, fury burning in your eyes. " And why the hell am I naked? And why are you shirtless? Is this the afterlife? Are you Satan?" you fried off, desperate for some answers. And if you didn't get any, you wouldn't hesitate to resort to violence.

He laid there, wide-eyed. Then, he chuckled.

"Already forgotten who I am, Lady [Name]? Perhaps your strange words are a side effect of this early morning." He sent you a mischievous and sultry stare. "Have you also forgotten the steamy night we had together, then? I haven't... After all, you were as amazing as the rumors have told..."