[5] - The Audacity of These @!$&#%!

"Lady Corella, you must tell me how you get your skin looking so refreshed and clean!" a woman with bouncy red curls, a purple dress, and a lipstick the same color as her hair said. She covered her mouth using her fan, but you knew she had a snide smile underneath it.

"Oh, it's just I've been using this lavender tea brew that helps me sleep at night. I would tell you where I got it from, but," you smiled, "everything has a price, Lady Elsie."

"But you're a generous lady, aren't you? That's what the men have been saying, after all," another woman piped up, causing a wave of snickers amongst the ladies. It took every ounce of your composure not to throw scolding hot tea at the bitch who said that. Sorry, you mean @!&$#.

"Why yes, I'm sure your husband would agree," you didn't miss a beat in replying. The lady who said that unbelievable comment grew increasingly red and she quickly downed her tea in one-go. As she was about to open her mouth again, you quickly cut in. "Well, since everyone here is indeed my friend, I'll let you all in on a little secret." She immediately closed her jaw, and you couldn't help but smirk. "The reason my skin has its own glow lately is due to a little dainty shop called..."

"Called...?" a chorus of women muttered.

You smiled, "...I jest, I'm afraid I can't disclose that. Besides, I'm sure none of you would know about Runa's-" your eyes widened and you immediately clamped a hand over your mouth. "P-please don't mind that, ladies."

All it took was one stammer from you and the rest of the women were grinning like a canine in front of a juicy bone. In their heads, they all noted down one thing: investigate all and every shop with the name 'Runa' in the title.

Little did they know, under your meek facade, you were the one who grinned as if you were the devil and all of heaven obeyed your command. To your side stood Claire, your trustworthy maid who at the same time, wondered why she trusted you in the first place.

"My lady... is all of this really necessary?" she whispered.

"Hey, I told Runa I'd advertise her product and bring her some new customers. Gotta keep my word or my reputation will go even lower amongst the ladies, which I don't know if it's possible at this point." Claire simply sighed at your words, and you could tell she was fighting the urge to rub her temple.

"Forgive me for saying this, but look at all the women here, my lady. They are clearly mocking you." Claire whispered without moving her mouth.

"Most of them, yeah, but not all of them." You replied back, also without moving your mouth. Claire had been generous enough to teach you how to do so, and by 'had been generous', you mean you teased her nonstop until she caved in. "Lady Iliana hasn't." With that, you focused your attention towards a dark brunette sitting on the far end of the table from where you were. This ensured that you were able to make as much eye contact with her as possible to let her know you were interested.

"Lady Iliana?" your maid muttered, "the one that's only seen a few times a year around town? How on Elnea were you able to get her to come here, my lady?"

"Those are top-tier secrets, my dear Claire," you sipped your tea, "I don't believe you'd be able to afford them. They're quite pricey." Actually, not even you knew why Lady Iliana attended today's gathering. You just wanted to tease your cute, loyal, servant Claire. With that, your maid stayed silent, clearly giving up in trying to talk sense into you. Meanwhile, you eyed Iliana. Her lilac irises were pointed downwards as she quietly drank her tea, enjoying a pastry or two as well. Every now and then, she'd look up and her brunette bangs would bounce in place for a split second. In addition, whenever you two made eye contact, her fair skin would turn a pure shade of pink. Cute. Very cute indeed. Reminds you of a certain maid.