[4]: Spill the Tea

Originally, you thought Claire was going to lead you all the way to town, arm in arm as you two skipped side by side without a single care in the world — maybe even humming a nice tune on the way.

Sadly, your expectations were destroyed when she instead led you both to the front gate, where a pristine, perfect, shiny carriage was awaiting both of you. Technically Claire was supposed to sit next to the driver, and she was about to board on next to him when you rolled your eyes and tugged her inside the carriage.

Locking eyes with her, the corner of your lips twitched up when she blinked and then bashfully looked out the window. How cute. In every villainess isekai webtoon, there's always the loyal maid sub-trope. Claire was the living embodiment of it, and you found teasing her to be very entertaining.

But looking back on your first day here, you recalled her saying something about how she served Lady Corella for over seven years. Right now, the only memories you had were of your past life, and those hours you wasted on Transcendental Savior. Or maybe it wasn't a waste? Honestly, your situation could've been worse. Being thrown into a game or webtoon world you never seen before would've been way more detrimental.

Also, that brought up another important question.

Why this world, in particular?

Kody had been isekai'd here because he wished upon a star or some BS at the same time the summoning ritual was going on, but what about you?

You were summoned one year before he even arrives! Maybe Goddess Elnea made some kind of typo? Not gonna lie, you were tempted to invite her to a 1v1 and give her the ol' one-two to relieve some stress. Or maybe not. Goddess Elnea would sometimes pop up in Kody's dreams in order to speak to him, and she had some pretty nice sprite art. Her hair was akin to threads of white silk, and she had warm, emerald eyes. Her entire body was wrapped in white robes, a small kite-shaped gold jewel directly in the center of her forehead. Overall, she radiated goddess energy.

And honestly, you had a soft spot for pretty women. Women in general. You were a woman liker, maybe even going as far as saying lover?

Wait. Obviously you're a woman lover. You're gay, after all.

Chuckling quietly to yourself, you rest your cheek on top of your hand. Claire shoots a 'what in tarnation is she thinking about now?' look to you, trying her best to hide her judgy-ness. She doesn't do a very good job though.

Your chuckles only grow in amusement.

Located in a not-so-busy part of town, Runa's Remedies specialized in selling freshly-made tea brews and harvested herbs, despite its plain apprarance. For some reason, your nose twitches upon seeing this home-y little place. It looks familiar, but why? Did you ever visit this place in Transcendental Savior before?

"My lady? Is everything alright?"

Whoops. Snap out of it, [Name].

"Oh yeah, sorry. Just got caught up in my thoughts, let's go in." Tugging Claire's arm inside, the moment you step into the shop, a cute little jingle! goes off.

You then spot a small figure crouched down behind the cashier counter, a head of hazelnut-colored hair peeking over it.

"Just a moment please!" the owner of the voice says in a sing-song, chirpy manner. After a few more seconds pass, she startles both you and Claire by suddenly bouncing up, a pair of short braids resting on either sides of her shoulders. 'Runa' is engraved in black embroidery on the name tag just above her right breast. There are little embroidery flowers of different colors around her name. How cute. Freckles are sprawled across her cheeks like stars in the night sky. Once again, a sense of deja vu flashes through your mind. "Hello my dear customers! What can I do for you?"