[3] - The Lady & Her Maid

Claire didn't have the slightest clue for why her lady was acting so weird as of late. She would've guessed the cause to be her sudden fainting, but in truth, Lady [Name] was already acting strange prior to that. When Claire greeted her like usual that morning, the only things reflected in her lady's eyes were bewilderment and stupefaction.

While Lady [Name] used to be loud and boisterous as a child, after the passing of Countess Corella, she would often shut herself in her room. Claire would have to bring dinner to her doorstep since her lady would skip meals all too often.

But now, that former child-like side of her came back... But did it really?

Was her lady always this confident and mischievous?

What caused this sudden change in her?

Had she finally gotten over her late mother's passing?

Claire stared straight into her vanity mirror, seeing a perfect replica of herself in the glass pane. Her grey eyes were calm and steady, like the aftermath of a storm. She reached up to the mirror and rested her hand right next to her reflection's face.

...And was it inappropriate if Claire was liking this side of her lady more than she had thought?

She shook her head. Focus, Claire. Rid yourself of these thoughts. How could a simple maid as her hold such feelings for her lady? The idea of two women harboring romantic feelings for each other was already scandalous enough in high society, much less the idea of a maid possessing feelings for her mistress.

As always, she would have to bite her tongue and swallow down her affection for Lady [Name].

Though unbeknownst to Claire, her resolve wasn't as hardened as she believed it to be.

--

"...la..."

"M... ...dy"

"My lady!"

Your eyes flew open in a panic.

"Wha-what? Huh?" you blinked, rubbing your eyes and getting the crust off. Sitting up, the sight of a familiar face flooded your vision. "Oh! Claire... what's up?"

Lady Corella's, or should you say, your maid was standing at your bedside. Her hands were clasped together in front of her, and she stared at you with a tranquil expression. The curtains behind her were parted open, causing the bright rays of light to envelope the room once again.

"I-I apologize if my calls frightened you first thing in the morning, my lady... I had to raise my voice since you were in a deep slumber. I humbly ask for your forgiveness," she bowed her head.

Raising a brow, you stared at her while placing your cheek on your palm. Then an amused smile spread across your face.

"It's fine. Try not to jump scare me first thing in the morning next time, alright?"

Her pale face became even paler when you said that.

"My sincerest apologies--!" She bowed, furrowing her brows together. Yeah, snickering to yourself made you feel like a major sadist, but hey, it's not your fault Claire looked really cute when she was panicking.

"Awww, don't worry, I was just playing. Come on, stand up already, I'm getting embarrassed."

She followed your words immediately, though the pout on her lip made it obvious that she still hadn't forgiven herself.

Meanwhile, you scratched the back of your head and stretched your arms up, cracking your neck in the process. After two days, it was looking pretty certain that you were stuck in this horny villainess's body until who-knows-when — most likely until one of the game's endings was reached. But for that to happen, Kody would have to arrive and enter one of the romance routes... or all of them, if he wanted.