four ⎯⎯⎯ affinity

・゚゚・。

ꜰ ʀ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ᴛ ʏ

ꜰ ʀ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ᴛ ʏ

*°:⋆ₓₒ

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"...What?" his reply was instantaneous, intuitive even, with his tone imploring for reason.

"I always get different reactions from people every time I tell someone that. I don't like speaking about it, but you're my friend and so far I really like talking to you; you're just so interesting and I want to know more about you. I feel like if I share something that significant you'll be interested in me too and you'll do the same, maybe. What do you think?" Your tone wasn't anything he hadn't heard so far, but it wasn't a good thing at all. Why were your depictions so placid?

Your gulp was deafeningly resonant, intruding on the silence between the both of you as you stared back at the boy whose eye contact hung in the air for as long as this contact had been evoked.

"Is this some kind of joke? You shouldn't joke about stuff like this, [name], it–"

"It's not a joke, I promise I'm being completely serious. Why would I lie to my friend...? That's not what friends do, is it?" If Mikey hadn't seen your bottom lip protrude into a pout, perhaps he would have felt more impassive toward the disheartened look projected his way. He needed to pause, to think and allow all you told him to unravel into comprehension.

"Then explain, because I don't think I understand you at all." Even now he was being sucked into the rupture of composure, each margin was lined with subdivisions of differing compensations seeking the echelon of influence. Questions seemed to besiege the median, consequently exalting it to the utmost stature. He was there.

Finally breaking away from the visual grasp he had on you, you brought your knees to your chest and wrapped your arms around them. "I have something called congestive heart failure, which means that my heart is extremely weak and has trouble working on its own. I wasn't diagnosed with it until two years ago when the doctors finally found out what was wrong with me. Even before that, though, my health was critical. I was always having to be watched over and for a while, I couldn't breathe on my own so I had help from a machine. The last two years have just been me in and out of this hospital."

The silenced that pursued had an extension from either side before Mikey commenced somatic intrusion with a patient exhale leaving his mouth. Your eyes matched with his and beyond the ebony shimmer was everything he had ensnared from those few seconds ago. His flame outmatched yours and caused it to diminish for everything it lit up; it was a devastating reaction.