seven ⎯⎯⎯ calm before the storm

・゚゚・。

ꜰ ʀ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ᴛ ʏ

ꜰ ʀ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ᴛ ʏ

*°:⋆ₓₒ

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"Shh, you have to be quiet or else they'll catch us!" Mikey's warning was not enough to quell the blaze that fueled the inferno of raging thrill surging vitality by means of zeal. The adrenaline morphed rationality into clemency topped with dazedness, essentially making your becoming thoughts unreliable. "Seriously, you'd be the worst person to rob a bank with, you're so loud!"

Breathless giggles warmed Mikey's ears as you came to an abrupt halt behind him once he stopped in his own tracks, stiffening from the unfathomable chatter of nurses in the hallway beyond the corner you two were hedged in. His hand pushed you against the wall as two nurses walked past to try and obscure any suspicions able to be seamlessly deflected. Any more of his complaints went in one ear and out the other if not for the fact that humor was a byproduct of the innocuous combustion.

Mikey was just happy seeing you smile so he wouldn't dare hold any meager insignificance against you. As long as you could be happy, so could he.

"S-sorry, all of this is just so fun!" the absence of resonation in your execution tipped his justifiable worries by virtue of what went wrong earlier this morning. Everything was so susceptible to change that any moment could lead you astray and down another series of plights and so Mikey wanted to do everything in his willpower to avoid that outcome.

Without turning back to look at you he put his hand on your head and let it rest there for a few seconds so that you could consume his concern. "Don't push yourself too hard, I know I said I wanted to see you smile but wait until we're actually there before you unwind, I don't want you already being bored once we're outside. Now, gimme your hand."

"'Kay..." There was a slight delay before he spoke, rendering you to abide by his command.

"That's my girl, now c'mon." Mikey turning back around had been your demise. It was hard for him to restrain the satisfaction in seeing you flustered, his lips pacified with just a mere half-smile watching you nod your head eagerly, mouth slightly agape in transfixion, unable to break free from the reverie of his words. Whatever you had been exposed to was contagious and unrelenting, seeping through your exterior and wreaking havoc within the confinements of your interior.

The manifestation announced its vehemence by improving the rate of your heart, despite it prevailing for just a moment, the felicity was unlike anything you had ever experienced—had ever felt before. What was this? You felt so antsy, yet all the more vigorous, so light and able to withstand polarities intending to deplete this gain you had just made for yourself. You had not a single clue what this novel emotion was but the sensation was so inviting, welcoming you to revel in all it had to offer, and to potentially guide you to attain fulfillment in every aspect possible. Even if you had no idea what any of this entailed, somehow you just knew that this moment was one that was needed to be highly-valued, its significance was beyond your comprehension but this wonder had already engraved itself beneath your outer surface.