five ⎯⎯⎯ fleeting rapture

・゚゚・。

ꜰ ʀ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ᴛ ʏ

ꜰ ʀ ᴀ ɪ ʟ ᴛ ʏ

*°:⋆ₓₒ

⋆。゚☁︎。⋆。 ゚☾ ゚。⋆

"How'd you get your head injury anyway? I don't think you ever told me about it, unless you don't want to, which that's perfectly fine." Mikey didn't react to you poking the side of his still-bandaged head until he began to poke your cheek in retaliation.

"Geez, [name], I thought we were friends? Of course I'd wanna tell you." You knew he had been teasing you but because you liked the slight alteration in body heat, you would overlook it this time and indulge in the sensation. "Being a gang leader is pretty tough, always having to deal with people who wanna fight you and your friends, always getting swarmed randomly by other gangs, always getting challenged. Well, I guess that's what happens when you're number one in Tokyo." This little tangent had you raise a brow hearing him wallow in his complacency.

"Mhm, that sounds really interesting and you can tell me all about it once you finish telling me about your injury." Mikey issued a toothy smile before he leaned back dramatically in his bed with a hand resting on his forehead.

"Yeah, yeah, I was getting to that part. It isn't a big deal, I just got hit in the head a few times with a metal pipe." Oh...was that right?

Watching your animated features slowly diminish into a look of utter horror was likely the best entertainment Mikey had seen that entire week, scratch that—entire month. Bewildering as that statement was, all you could do was sit there and take the stifles of laughter and finger points from the more-than-delighted boy milking the entirety of the situation for its worth. Was it some poor attempt at a joke you still fell victim to?

"You should see your face!" Wiping the tears that took shape in the corners of his eyes, he patted your shoulder for whatever reason. Tilting your head and casting your lips into a thin line had been his cue and for once, he understood the prompt. "Yep, it's all true. It was this huge fight between my gang and another gang, and guess what? We won!"

At what cost?

"Is your gang's name Valhalla?" forfeiting his composure allowed for the plague of depletion to extract his own attributes once enlivened in the moment, superseded by the malady that is unyielding consternation now the authority overseeing what was to come from him. The narrowing of his eyes struck a chill down your spine, the look in them more serious than you had ever witnessed, and it almost amazed you how two small things could fashion such vehemence to proliferate significantly throughout your body.