A Familar Face

Im so sorry I didnt keep my promise.

I'll make up by making this part long.
— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
Well this part is years later and Mafuyu was about 26 and was working steadily. She applied for a new place to work, and she was on her way for an interview.

Mafuyu's POV
I was really interested to work at a new place, I didnt want to stay at where I was for the rest of my life.

I was busy in my thoughts when I bumped into someone.

"Ugh...I need to watch where Im going" i thought cursing myself.
"Hmm?? Mafuyu is that you?!" Someone yelled and I regained my senses

It was Chisato, and she too was on her way for a job interview.
"Heyy Mafuyu, how are you" she said and hugged me tightly I almost couldn't breathe.
But also...I couldn't help but smile...we lost touch after a year and I hadn't seen her in so long.
"Im alright right now Chisat-" I got cut off.
"You know...you really have to watch where your going~" she teased and I smacked her.
"Knock it off Chisato..hehe." I chuckled at her humor, she hasnt changed a bit.
"Owww~ ok ok..anyway where are you going? I was hoping we can catch up." She asked
It turned out that we both applied to the same place she, of course was ecstatic that we would be together and I was a bit happy that I could be with someone I actually knew.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — —
We got out of the interview and we got what we wanted. We were both in and we decided to go catch up over lunch. We went to a place with I wasn't familiar with. It was called....."———" it seemed that it was ran by a talented group of bakers...but when I stepped in someone called my name...I didnt recognize them though...
"Hmm? Welco- Asahina-san??" A voice called

Third person POV
It was Shizuku, apparently this whole business was with Airi, Shizuku, Emu, and Saki. Shizuku was the waitress and Emu and Saki were in the kitchen. Apparently Nene was the cashier because well Emu forced her.

"D-do I know you??" Mafuyu asked..her memory was hazy.. she didnt remember who this was and how she knew her name.

Shizuku stood shocked, knowing now...her friend didnt recognize her...it broke her heart and she ran to the kitchen for a break and thats when Emu went out to see what happened when she saw a girl, with tied up amethyst hair with curls. She knew immediately who it was and ran toward her.
"?!" Mafuyu froze but then managed to say something
"Chisato! Lets go to a different place...i dont know why...this place makes me feel weird and I cant think straight." Mafuyu said.
"Ok. I have bad feelings about this place as well.." Chisato said nervously and both of them left.
"WAIT!! PLEASE COME BACK!! ASAHINA-SENPAI!! PLEASE!!" Emu cried out loud hoping that Mafuyu would turn back, but only she didnt..she kept walking away and Emu was upset...
"Did she...really forget me..." Emu thought before she ran off to the kitchen.

The place then closed a bit early to calm down and recover from who they just encountered.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — -
Mafuyu's POV
Why...how..how did they know my name..? And...why did they look so familiar...

I couldnt focus on my work for weeks..my mind kept wandering off when Chisato waved her hand in my face.

"Mafuyu...? Mafuyu..? Mafuyu!" Chisato yelled.
"Huh?!" I snapped back.
"W-whats wrong..?" I said.
"Did you meet our new boss?" Chisato asked
"Hmmm? No..who is he?" I responded.
"She. Our new boss is a she." Chisato corrected me.
I didnt know so I was a bit ashamed.
"C'mon! I'll introduce you to her!" Chisato said and grabbed my hand.
"Ok ok, dont drag me.." I responded.

Chisato dragged me to her office and knocked as permission to enter
"Come in" she said.
Chisato introduced me to her and as I walked in my heart stopped when I heard my boss's name
"Hmm? Oh my name is Kanade Yoisaki." She said.
"I-I...Im Asahina Mafuyu" I managed to mutter
I didnt know what to feel or to say next...my head was spinning and I felt dizzy. I've been piling myself more in my work instead of taking care of myself after that coincidence. I didnt want it to happen again.

Third person POV
Mafuyu started to tremble and grew pale from lack of sleep.
"Mafuyu?! Mafuyu?! Dajobu?! Hey!!" Chisato screamed.
"Wha-!!" Kanade said but didnt finish and went to assist Mafuyu on her shoulder.

Kanade's POV
I cant believe it...I finally found her...after all these years...seeing her condition kills me...she hadnt been taking care of herself...

Third person POV
Kanade's office was bigger than expected, it had a small couch enough for someone to lay on. Chisato placed a pale and unconscious Mafuyu on it. It turned out, Mafuyu had a small fever and didnt get proper sleep. Chisato stayed by Mafuyu's side and left soon after courtesy of Kanade as she told her so.

2 hours later
Mafuyu suddenly woke up aware of her surroundings and tried to leave when Chisato spoke up.
"Why are you up~?" You shouldnt be thats for sure.
"Uh...I-" Mafuyu couldnt finish when she started to cough. Chisato realized her fever was back and put her back to rest, she continued to take care of her.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — -
Mafuyu then woke up the next day to see someone smiling at her and she started to tear up.
"K-Kanade...i-is that you.." Mafuyu said softly.
Kanade smiled and pushed Mafuyu's hair back
"Mhm, its me Mafuyu...what did I tell you? I knew that we'd meet in the future." Kanade said smiling.
Mafuyu sat up and hugged Kanade crying
"I missed you...so much..." Mafuyu said.
Kanade patted her back.
"I guess you had someone to keep you company huh~." Kanade teased
"H-huh.." Mafuyu blushed. Kanade never teased her before and got her startled
"Heyyy, am I invisible to you lovebirds?" Chisato cut in.
"Fufu..~ oh shut up.." Mafuyu responded
"Eh- thats not how you talk to a friend" Kanade said and pulled Mafuyu in to kiss her.
Mafuyu blushed intensely as Chisato watched snickering
"Those 2 are just adorable" Chisato muttered.

"I love you Mafuyu..." Kanade said putting her forehead against Mafuyu's.
"I love you too...Kanade.." Mafuyu whispered

The 2 broke apart and Kanade said
"Why dont we take the day off and get to know each other again. Especially you Chisato" Kanade smiled.
"I'd love that!!" Chisato said smiling.

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — -
To be continued

The next part will be the last and again Im sorry for not making this series long and keeping my promise. I hope you enjoyed this story as much as I did. Bye.
Word count: 1163