Forgive, Learn, Forget

Trigger Warning ⚠️! : This section of the story contains mention of self-harm and suicide; if you are sensitive to such topics, please do not read this for your own sake!!

MC looked at him, perplexed, but simply nodded. Solaris shrugged and offered to accompany MC back to school. MC agreed, and they were both on their way to school.

MC noticed a shadow in the corner while they were walking. They were still not used to this environment, so they moved closer to Solaris. "Hm? What's the matter?" Solaris inquired. "It's nothing; I just saw a shadow lurking," MC admitted with an embarrassed smile. "Ah, don't worry about it, I'll protect you," Solaris said as he snatched MC's hand and entangled it in his.

MC blushed slightly but still allowed him to hold their hand. "Your hands seem to fit my hand a little too well," Solaris remarked unexpectedly. MC was at a loss for words, but they did learn that Solaris enjoys the little things in life. Solaris was playing with MC's hands, but they didn't mind. They arrived at the school quickly and parted ways, not before MC gave Solaris their phone number. Solaris sat next to Simeon, who was looking at him with concern.

"Are you alright, Solaris?" Simeon inquired as Solaris began to reflect. "Yeah, sorta," Solaris replied as he began to think deeply. Simeon was dissatisfied with Solaris' response. "Solo-" "Alright class, open your books to page 745," the teacher said before Simeon could even say something. He sighed defeatively and opened his book.

Solaris ran into MC after class. They waved at him before approaching him. "There you are, Solaris!" MC exclaimed as they hugged him. "Here I am. You sure seem to miss me," he said as he returned their hug. "Of course I miss you! You're the only one who understands me and my jokes!" MC replied, smiling. Solaris shook his head and began walking, with MC following him like a baby duck and telling him about their day at school, while Solaris would respond and laugh at funny moments or also tell MC about his day.

"Where do you stay? I'll accompany you there," he said. "I live at the House of Lamentations; I'm new here, so I'd be grateful if you could help me get there," MC said, their tone tinged with embarrassment. "Sure, I'll help you get there; if you want, I can bring you there every day," Solaris said as MC looked at him as if he were their savior.

Of course, MC is aware of the demons' lurking ravenous gazes following them whenever they are alone, waiting for them to be vulnerable and easy to eat. Having Solaris around to protect and accompany them is therefore a win-win situation. When the two arrived at the house, Solaris said his goodbyes to MC.

When Solaris arrived at the purgatory hall, he was dragged away by Simeon. "Whoa! Simeon?" Solaris asked, his face puzzled. Simeon started hugging him out of nowhere, forcing Solaris to lower his level. "It's about Solomon. He's torturing himself. Please. You don't need to forgive him, just stop him," Simeon begged, his voice desperate.