.𝟣𝟢

 ☁︎ • ☁︎ training was as terrible as always

☁︎

☁︎
training was as terrible as always.
☁︎

☁︎
it was dreadful to say the least. I mean you actually had to you know work. not to mention you get all sweaty...
☁︎

☁︎
isagi missed a goal, he was very off. I guess it wasn't his day today. not paying much attention to the chaos you call training infront of you, a voice was suddenly heard.
☁︎

☁︎
of course you could probably guess who's it is. right none other than ego. hooray.
☁︎

☁︎
"howdy you lumps of talent. yakisoba sauce and mayonnaise really are made for eachother."
☁︎

☁︎
did he just broadcast this to flex his food...? because now you were a bit envious and hungry.
☁︎

☁︎
"the sixth match just finished. here are the results and new ranking."
☁︎

☁︎
forget the rankings you want food. eating the same thing everyday is tiring and bland no matter how good the food.
☁︎

☁︎
"now here's the spice, I'm changing up the ranking system. which up till now has been based on your test scores and gameplay. as strikers you must prove your own worth with goals. therefore those who score more valuable goals will be ranked higher."
☁︎

☁︎
well you didn't have high hopes for your rank. I mean you don't really do much in training and on the field so...
☁︎

☁︎
"so team 'z's current top player is you...yoichi isagi."
☁︎

☁︎
oh nice. you weren't dead last nor first. perfect for not dragging attention to you.
☁︎

☁︎
"I said that finding your weapon was the first condition to be a striker but if you stop after finding it, it'll be wasted. your next step is figuring out how to best polish that weapon. and make it stand out."
☁︎

☁︎
you weren't even sure what your weapon currently was...how in the world would you be able to polish it...hes asking for the impossible now.
☁︎

☁︎
"for example argentinas world class striker lionel messi his weapon are his unique meticulous style of speedy dribbling and his fearsome shots with his left leg. thanks to those he's the most outstanding player in the world. therefore he continues to reign as the top striker."
☁︎

☁︎
that makes sense, and it'd be possible for you to do is you had a weapon, well knew what it was in this case. your sure you have one but what is it..?
☁︎

☁︎
"your various individual weapons are all different, and that's why the methods of polishing them will be different as well. if you just try to imitate messi your own weapons will never shine. your weapons can turn 'zero' into 'one' so go figure out what to multiply that 'one' and make it even stronger. find the plays only you can make. stand out. talent if just a lump of ore and if you don't smelt and polish it, it's nothing but trash."
☁︎

☁︎
you have a long night of thinking ahead...without knowing your weapon you'd never be able to polish it. and you'd have to hopefully figure it out before the next match in 24 hours...what a pain.
☁︎

☁︎
now everyone's running behind isagi...what weirdos, you thought while running behind them at a much slower pace.

what weirdos, you thought while running behind them at a much slower pace

a.n
thank you all for 8k reads its absolutely insane!! I'm truly greatful to all of you thank you so much for supporting my work it truly means the world to me!
-sam