𝐎𝐍𝐄-Cat got ya tongue

𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐘 𝐅𝐎𝐎𝐓𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐏𝐒 echoed down the hall as Daryl Dixon walked down the hall to the last bedroom. He came to a stop in front of the door that was cracked open just an inch.

Not bothered to knock, Daryl pushed the door open and stepped inside the small bedroom that belonged to his little brother.

Dean's eyes shot over towards the door, his heart skipped a beat. He visibly relaxed seeing that it wasn't his father. Will Dixon was a very scary man. Dean tried his best to act tough around him, but when Will would yell, it was enough to cause the boy to shake like a leaf.

"I thought you were dad." He admitted with a shake of his head.

Daryl stood by the door, nodding his head slightly.
"Nah, he ain't here. Why you ain't in school?" He asked, crossing his arms.

Dean clenched his jaw and adverted his gaze down to the bed. "The bus don't come by here... and no one was here to give me a ride."

The man nodded and bit the inside of his cheeks. "Hey Daryl?" Dean asked causing the man to pause and look back at the younger boy.

Daryl raised an eyebrow and Dean gave a hesitant look. "Umm... I was just wondering if I could maybe come with you to get Merle."

Merle was in jail a few towns over. He was being released soon so Daryl was leaving to get him that day.

Daryl's shoulders slouched and he sighed "'m sorry bud. We'll be back Friday." He assured the boy

Friday was three days away. Dean's body tensed at the thought of being alone with his father for three days."Oh." Was all the younger boy managed to mumble as he pulled one of his legs up to his chest.

Daryl nibbled on his bottom lip, his chest raised and fell quickly and he clears his throat. "stay outta trouble... And just stay outta his way." He muttered before leaving the room with a heavy heart. He wanted nothing more then to run back in the room and tell his baby brother that he could go with him but he knew that would probably get the both of them in a lot more trouble then they need to be in.

But even then, sometimes the thought would cross Daryl's mind to just grab his brother up and leave and never come back. That itself would also be stupid, seeing as he had a hard enough time trying to support him, Dean and Merle, even with a roof already over their heads. He could imagine how much harder it would get if they didn't have a house to stay in.

𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 Dean's hands and wrists as he stood by the kitchen sink, washing up the pile of dishes

𝐇𝐎𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐄𝐃 Dean's hands and wrists as he stood by the kitchen sink, washing up the pile of dishes. Daryl had already left about an hour ago and Will wasn't home yet, so the boy was home alone. He liked being by himself, he liked the quiet and peacefulness that came with it.

But that soon came crashing down when the back door flung open. Dean tensed up and he kept his head low as he scrubbed the plate in his hand with a bit more force.

"Get me a beer, boy!" Will Dixon barked as he walked past the kitchen and stomped into the living room where he plopped down on the couch and kicked his feet up onto the coffee table.

Dean quickly and shakily laid the plate down on the counter and rushed over to the refrigerator. He pulled open the old fridge door and panic flooded his body when he saw that his dad's beer was not in there. "Shit... Shit" he mumbled shutting the door to look around the kitchen. His eyes soon landed on a sixpack sitting on the table. He took a deep breath and walked over to the box.

Luck was on the Dixon boy's side for the first time all week. He sighed seeing only one beer in the sixpack. He quickly grabbed it and headed to the living room.

Will looked away from the TV. He was scary old man with a wild look in his eyes. "Hurry up!" He barked making the boy jump slightly.

Dean swallowed harshly and walked closer. He sat the beer on the coffee table and Will snatched it up. He popped the cap off the glass bottle and takes a big swig. He immediately looked at his son anger filling his body. "You got me a fucking hot beer!?"

Dean's small figure shook trying to come up with words. "I—uhm... There was none in the refrigerator." He spoke in a small voice.

Will glared at the boy before throwing the glass bottle at the coffee table causing the bottle to brake. Dean flinched as Will hopped up from the couch and towered over him. "Look at that! No wonder your mama left, you can't do anything right!"

Dean's jaw clenched and tears blured his vision, he refuses to let any fall he's wasn't gonna let his father see that his words hurt him.

"What? Cat got your damn tongue?!" Will used one of his hands to grab Dean by the shoulder then the other hand to grab his face. He forcefully turned Dean's face to look at him. "You look at me when I talk!"

"Go to hell!" As soon as the words left Dean's lips his eyes widen. He knew better. He truly knew better then to talk to his father that way. He's seen what Will did to Merle four years ago for saying the exact same line. That proved that the Dixon boy's would never be able to grow out of their father.

If life was a cartoon there would probably be smoke coming from Will's ears. Anger took over his whole body and he pushed Dean to the floor, following him down too.

Dean's body ached but he didn't have long think about the pain coursing through his ribs. Will lifted Dean's face up by his hair and bangs his head on the coffee table. He started pushing the boys head in the broken glass and beer.

Tears spilled out of Dean's eyes from the pain in his ribs and from his father's weight. Will forcibly  smeared Dean's face in the glass getting a few small pieces stick in the boys cheek. "See this you little bastard!"

"Stop! Please!" The boy choked out a sob, trying to get away from his father.

"You're just like her! A little pussy!" Will yelled forcing Dean's head down harder. One of the bigger chunks of glass lodged into Dean's forehead right above his left eyebrow. The boy gasped and out of reflex he kicked his leg back kicking his dad where the sun didn't shine.

Will groaned falling back from Dean giving the boy just enough time to get off of the floor and run down the hall to his and Daryl's shared bedroom. He slammed the door shut.
Not even two seconds later Will started trying to get the door busted open.

𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝟹:𝟻𝟺𝙿𝙼
𝟷𝟶-𝟸𝟸-𝟸𝟸
𝟷𝟶𝟼𝟾𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

!Welcome to the first chapter of Before the end!

This is all about Dean and his few weeks before the start of the Apocalypse then through the first two/ three months of the Apocalypse.

𝖤𝖽𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽:𝟣𝟣/𝟤𝟧/𝟤𝟤, 𝟤:𝟦𝟥𝖯𝖬
𝟣𝟣𝟣𝟢𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌

𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐀𝐋 𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐓: 4:21𝐏𝐌, 11.30.23