𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘•𝐓𝐖𝐎-promises

𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐍 𝐃𝐈𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄 𝐈𝐓 half way across the yard before hearing Andrea yelling from on top of the rv. "Walker. Walker!" While Rick, Shane, T-dog and Glenn take off across the field towards the woods, Dean ran back to the rv and stood beside Dale. Andrea went against what Rick told her and she lifted up her gun and got ready to shoot. "Andrea, don't." Dale shook his head.

"Back off, Dale." Andrea muttered.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Don't you listen to anyone, dumbass." He whispered the last part to himself.

Andrea pulled the trigger and the “walker” fell to the ground. The men started yelling but being so far they couldn't be understood.

Andrea climbed down and followed behind Dean and Dale. The three started running towards the woods.

The three stopped in front of The men carrying Daryl. Dean's eyes widened and his heart dropped. "Is he dead?!" He asked worriedly.

"Unconscious. She just grazed him." Rick assured the boy.

Dean sighed relieved, but it quickly turned to anger as he turned to look at Andrea. "You dumb bitch! You shot my brother!" Dean yelled at her.

Andrea looked at him taken back slightly. "Look at him." Glenn pointed at Daryl. "What the hell happened? He's wearing ears."

Dean looked at the ears around his brothers neck and scoffed. "what the hell?" He asked, reaching forward and yanking the ears off of his brothers neck and shoving them in his own pocket.

"Guys, isn't this Sophia's?" T-dog asked, causing the small little group to turn around. In the man's hands was Sophia's doll.

 In the man's hands was Sophia's doll

𝐋𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, Dean was with Daryl in the room Hershel had him set up in. He had been with his brother all evening, only leaving to use the bathroom and to get a new comic book.
Daryl napped most of the time but even when he was awake Dean hadn't said a thing to him.

"You just gonna sit there all night?" Daryl finally asked.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Maybe." He muttered, turning to another page in his batman comic.

Daryl scoffed at Dean's attitude. "Did you call Andrea a dumb bitch?" He asked, raising a brow.

Dean tried not to smile but he failed. "She shot you. Was I supposed to call her a sweetheart?" He asked, tilting his head.

Daryl chuckled. "just don't make it a habit of calling people dumb bitches." He told him.

Dean nodded and the door opened, Daryl quickly covered up as Carol walked in. "How are you feeling?" She asked, putting the tray in her hands on the nightstand. On the tray was two plates full of food.

"As good as I look." Daryl shrugged slightly.

"I brought the both of you some dinner. You must be starving." Carol said, before leaning over and kissing the top of Daryl's head.

She then left.

Daryl got back comfortable and Dean stood up and walked around the bed. He grabbed his plate of food before walking back over and sitting down. He started to eat in silence.

Daryl could tell that his brother wanted to say something bit hasn't yet. "Speak." He suddenly spoke.

Dean rolled his eyes. "I'm not a dog, Daryl."

Daryl gave Dean a look causing him to sigh. He reached over and placed his plate on the edge of Daryl's bed. "For a split second today I thought you were dead." He quietly admitted. Daryl chewed on his lip nervously not knowing what to say next.

"It scared me... You're all I have left." Dean continued to talk.

Daryl sighed running his hand over his face. "I'm fine... I ain't goin' anywhere."

The younger boy looked down at the floor and shook his head. "Promise me. Promise me that." He told his older brother.

Daryl looked at the ceiling. "Uh... Sure, whatever. I promise." There was a hint of hesitation in Daryl's voice. This was the second ever promise he had ever made to Dean. He's not so sure that either of the promises will be able to be kept. But what Daryl did know for sure is he'd bust his ass trying to make sure that both promises were kept.

𝙴𝚗𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛
𝟸:𝟶𝟼𝚙𝚖
𝟷𝟶/𝟸𝟼/𝟸𝟸
𝟼𝟺𝟽𝚠𝚘𝚛𝚍𝚜

𝖤𝖽𝗂𝗍𝖾𝖽:𝟣𝟣/𝟤𝟧/𝟤𝟤, 𝟨:𝟧𝟪𝖯𝖬
𝟨𝟧𝟧𝗐𝗈𝗋𝖽𝗌

𝐑𝐄𝐖𝐑𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐍—1.28.24