Kelpie* (GiyuShino)

Fairy AU!

human!Giyu x kelpie!Shinobu

When GIyu's friends invite him to go camping, he doesn't expect to get lost on the first day, to run into a woman whom he'd never thought he'd see again. 

---

The sour smell of seaweed attacked his nostrils, filling them with a sweet sense of dread. He knew it was a bad idea to let Muichiro plan out his hiking trail, but Gyomei had insisted that they let his nephew do something worthwhile. 

"Lost?" 

He whirled around, his hand on his hunting knife warily. The woman shifted uneasily but smiled, raising her hands in surrender. 

"Calm down," she laughed, "it's a human," 

The way she pronounced human made him raise his eyebrow in confusion. 

"I see that you don't really talk..." she mumbled. He shook his head, glaring at her. There were many tales of supernatural creatures that haunted the woods. While he didn't expressively believe in the fae, he couldn't help but feel suspicious, especially since this woman had seaweed in her hair. 

Her purple eyes were lit with a bloodthirst that wasn't tamed, her complexion lit with a glow from the thrill of the chase. There was a red stain on the hem of her dress, making him shift. 

Why in the hell couldn't he run away? 

He glared at her, making no motion to run or to inch closer. She was unnaturally fast for her stature, instead choosing to lean in closer and drag him by the hand. Though his feet felt heavy as lead, he couldn't bring himself to snatch his hand from her grip. She stared at him curiously, his blue eyes intent on getting away from this stranger. The water was getting dangerously close; he could swim fairly well, but with how his feet felt right now? 

But he couldn't move. 

What the-?

"You can't speak or move, can you?" she asked, sadness tainting her tone. With a wave of her hand, the barrier that had separated his right judgment from his mind-numbing desire to come with her cracked. 

He snatched his hand from hers, her grip surprisingly loose for the struggle he had to let go. 

"W-What are you?" he gasped out, his throat dry from her spell. She looked guiltily at the ground. 

"A fae," she explained shortly. She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear, revealing her pointed ears, and he stumbled backward. 

He had been enchanted with the fae ever since young when his sister had abruptly left after receiving an invitation to party with them forever in the mountains. He should hate them. 

But this one seemed so remorseful. 

"I don't need to drown you-" she said bluntly, and he winced. She chuckled. 

"I don't want to drown you." she corrected herself. 

"W-Why?" he asked hoarsely.  She shrugged.